Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The theme is Nature


Beach house, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Will and Liv had so much fun lining up shells .

The summer before, the kids and I went with just friends.

We were able to go back with Husband over Memorial Day .

So when Carmi at Written Inc had the theme of Nature, I had no clue. I have some awesome pics of the redwoods when we live in the east bay of California ......But then I realized after Ike hit our little beach, I knew I wanted to remember some of those memories.
I do hope these houses are still there. But being on the water....I wonder what Mother Nature did to it?

9 comments:

Pam said...

great photo...love the story on why you chose it. i can totally understand it and wonder, too.

i have mine up at http://herroyalness.blogspot.com

carmilevy said...

Ooh, I hope those houses are still there, too. What a beautiful place to live!

Thanks for sharing this memory. Isn't it neat how a photo and some supporting words can bring others into a given reality? Amazing.

megz_mum said...

I would love to see those little houses, they look beautiful!

Janet said...

Were they destroyed, Tommie? I hope not! btw, I read your comment over at Lisa's...too funny!

Monogram Queen said...

I wonder too and you were lucky that you went there.....

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I wonder too. Those are just amazing, and I'm glad you weren't there!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh man, such a horrible feeling not knowing what happened to it. I do hope it's OK. Beautiful photo and story.

~melody~

Jenni said...

What a beautiful photo - so serene. I hope those houses were able to weather the storm.

BTW - we are very close to where you used to live in California!

me said...

The sky is so blue you could wear it.