Monday, September 22, 2008

Manic Monday and a funky dream



Pick out the most important item you have in your purse/wallet and tell me why it's important to you. I would have to say my entire wallet. It has my driver's license, military ID, hidden "mad money", pics of the kids., debit card. Without those things, I would have a hard time doing the day to day things I do.

What would you take from your house if you knew it would be flooded tomorrow? I have a expandable folder that has all our important papers. Also the kids' baby books, (yes, the one that I am not caught up on for Livi!) , my laptop, camera, and Josie.

If you were stuck in a room for an hour with a chalk board, what would you draw on it? From the old teaching days, chalk tickles my nose. But if it were a dry erase board....I would be making a list of all the things I need to do when I get out of that room!



Last night I had the weirdest dream. I decided to go back to college. While I absolutely loved my time at the University of Oklahoma, I don't know that I would go back. The dorm was in a building that underground tunnels to a shopping area. I kept getting lost in the shopping area so I never made it to class.


The dorm room was like a long room with several beds in it. I had my roomies picked out and someone kept trying to take one of their beds. It made me think of a picture my OU roomies took. I wonder if we coordinated our outfits?? This one was taken in the fall of 1990. What kind of haircut is that anyway?




While I don't recall what I looked like in the dream...I wonder if I had the frizzy permed hair. This one was taken in the spring of 1989. Yeah, with a good hairspray I could be two inches taller!
Happy fall, y'all!

10 comments:

Janet said...

ooooh, such cute pictures of you!!! I won't tell you about my dream last night...because...I don't think it was a dream, I think it was real, and it's too much to bear!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Aqua Net hairspray and a blowdryer...gave me the great wall of China bangs in the late 80s. LOL

Crazy dream! I've been having the most WEIRD ones lately...including the one where I'm having an affair with the President. EEEGAADS!

~melody~

Desert Diva said...

What would we do without our "stuff?"

Very cute photos of you in college!

Unknown said...

I love those pictures! I've been having weird dreams too. Hmmm.

I'd say that your military ID is one of the most important things. Back in the day I know mine was.

Libby said...

OMG, you are too cute!

I think would get lost in shopping centers on my way to class too- whether in dreams or reality!

Monogram Queen said...

I love love love looking at back-in-the-day pics!

tavolini said...

underground tunnels to shopping centers?? wild! I love the pictures--I remember, for some reason, being talked into perming my hair and my bangs, too. Oh goodness, it was pretty terrible!

IamDerby said...

Just gotta love the 90s. my best friend had her hair just like yours in the first picture... mine was more like your blonde friends hair (the one in the front)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I can SMELL the Aqua Net from here! That do looks vaguely all too familiar. :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha.......cute and fun!!!! I cant't stop laughing at the various hair"styles" I have donned over years as I was growing up!!! When I was really, really small.....my mother would pack me with my dad to have my hair cut at the neighborhood's barber's coz he was the only one who felt no pain in chopping my hair shortest ....like a boy's!!!!!!