Current Scent: = all time favorite candle...Root mulled cider + pumpkin spice = at the same time..... best fall scent of all time
What I am reading: that would require some free time...so it has to be whatever textbooks and pacing calendar are on the Oklahoma pacing calendar.
Newest music: Teenage Dream....Katy Perry!
Movie I saw: Jacka$$ 3D....yes, I paid extra for the glasses to see faux peni$es flying at me! Thank you Ashlee and E!
Something Yummy: .. always pumpkin chocolate chip muffins ...
Something that made me cry: most Sundays at 4...if you know me, you know where I am. I pretty much grab 4-5 tissues as I walk in. while I know it is a process, it still hurts. i still cry every single freakin' time
Something that made me laugh: O telling a joke she thought was hilarious: "how do you wake up Lady Gaga? .....O says, "you Poke Her Face" ......Tell me, you laughed too!
Something I look forward to in November: being stronger, realizing all WILL be okay
Something that I will remember in October: My baby girl turned six....life goes on....
Something that I am thankful for: family, friends, a job...and a deep desire to continue no matter where my life path leads..because i will live a life with no regrets
A photo i took this month:
this one.....a lone leaf on the sidewalk to the bus ramp....the bus ramp i man every day in the morning as well as the afternoon..
i heart fall.....and
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Current Scent: = all time favorite candle...Root mulled cider + pumpkin spice = at the same time..... best fall scent of all time
Friday, October 22, 2010
So...here we go!
1. one of my strongest beliefs is *only you can control your actions and reactions to things.
there are many things in life we can't control - relationships, when someone we care about dies, other's people's actions . . . the list goes on forever.
the only we can control is our own behavior, our own actions & reactions. even truth is subjective & facts can mislead, it all depends on someone's perspective - look at eye-witness testimony, people don't see things the same way, the forget or get confused.
for me, it entails - treating others as i would want to be treated, being open-minded & tolerant, expecting the best from others, but understanding if & when they fail to live up to that, not asking someone to do something i wouldn't do, being worth of other's trust, not betraying others . . .
it's a high standard & i screw up occaisionally, but it's making the attempt to the best of my ability that's important.
like i said, you can't control anything, but yourself & if you fail that, what's left ----->stepping off my soap box now...dang, that was long winded
2. *made a* huge *decision this week*!
3. the sky is cloudy with a threat of rain and wind and cold, so *i know i will sleep well tonight, i love rainy nights*.
4. *the sound of rain coming down* is comforting to me.
5. i always thought I'd be *a fun mom, teacher, friend*
6. *i was talking on the phone with a friend* and then I went outside to look at the full moon.
7. and as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *pizza with the kids*, tomorrow my plans include *going to OKC with BFF Traci and Sunday, I want to *make the most of the day*!
PS, i know the moon shot is a bit fuzzy...but i loved the full moon with a bit of fluffy clouds cruising by....it really did have this huge glowing ring around it.
happy weekend, y'all
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Once again it is time to play Sunday Stealing ... can i play on a tuesday evening? of course i can, it's my blog
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? dang, i have some mongo bags under my eyes! i wonder if i have any cucumbers in the fridge. (ps, i didn't!)
2. How much cash do you have on you? i get out enough to cover eating out at craptastic drive thru food for the month, so probably about $100
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? bore....and i do know a few...i hope i don't bore anyone enough they think of me when they hear this word
4. Favorite planet? for reals? Mars....because "girls go to Mars to get more candy bars, boys go to Jupitar to get more stupider" ......but let's totally overlook 1.) I don't eat many sweets and even more importantly 2.) stupider?? is that even really a word...who is more studpider now?? it just may have been those superfluous candy bars
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? my son's soccer coach....oops!
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? only if you promise not to laugh...."bounce" by the Jonas brothers
7. What shirt are you wearing? cute gray T from Target
8. Do you label yourself? with my handy dandy label maker....absolutely Mother of two,Sooner, Photographer, Control Freak, Creative, Curvy, neat freak, Amusing, Sleep Deprived, organized.....should i go on?
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? barefoot....but with some lemon verbena lotion on my tootsies
10. Bright or Dark Room? depends...sleeping, total darkness
at home in the afternoon....blinds pulled, sun shining in
11. Did you do anything to celebrate John Lennon's 70th yesterday? not a single thing
12. What does your watch look like? my bulova is my favorite .. pink face.. simple ...exactly like me, okay maybe my face is more tan than pink...but simple, classic...that is me!
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? sleeping, i am a working woman now!
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "cute enough" in response to my friend Ashlee wanting a "cute pic" to have on her phone for when i call her
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? we don't have 7-11s, we have Stripes now, i think.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot? "i see"....
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? kids...O & W when I put them to bed.....love me some kid love!
18. Last furry thing you touched? muhahahhaa ... I could have so much fun with this! ..but I'll be honest....Josie, the French Bulldog!
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? one word: cramps....so ibuprofen....in large doses
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? None!! It's called digital!
21. Favorite age you have been so far? I would say 42 ... It was probably my most life changing period....it just happened. i have to remember that in the end, it is all going to be okay. Living life on the straight and narrow.
pic taken of a road in Oklahoma....it really is this flat and straight. Life does go on, and just beyond the horizon is something you can't just quite imagine.
so imagine and wonder what will be
Saturday, October 09, 2010
right now! (borrowed from Janet)
1. i am thinking… it's been a good weekend
2. i am thankful for… first...family, friends, and a great place to work
3. from the kitchen… will come chocolate chip pumpkin muffins..(W's absolute fav muffins of all time, and a great way to welcome fall!)
4. i am wearing…eeks...it's late.....a grey t-shirt, leggings...and socks! my feet are cold
5. i am creating… an organized home that fits us
6. i am going… to take my mom out to eat for her bday tomorrow
7. i am reading… a book that goes through twelve weeks of lessons of where i am right now in my life.
8. i am hoping… to enjoy each day as it comes
9. i am hearing… cows mooing in the background...i live out in the pawpaw patch
10. around the house… it is very quiet
11. one of my favorite things… Root candles in the mulled cider scent
12. a few plans for the rest of the week… finishing up the first nine weeks of school...knowing i did it. i can do this
13. A picture to share…this is the road behind my house....i drive up it to cross town to get to my school. we get to see the sunrise most mornings. with each new day...
happy October, y'all
Saturday, September 25, 2010
i saw these on my way to soccer this morning.
on the way home, i had to pull over to take a few shots. good thing i live out in the paw paw patch.
i love the yellow petals reaching out towards the blue blue sky.
“Bring me then the plant that points to those bright Lucidites swirling up from the earth, And life itself exhaling that central breath! Bring me the sunflower crazed with the love of light” - Eugenio Montale
Friday, September 10, 2010
Current Scent: ...perfume Mirto di Panarea accentuates sensual side and regenerates your body and soul with aromatic aromas of myrtle, along with luminous citruses, Calabrian lemon and sweet, passionate orange, with calming effect of basil. A heart develops with aromas of jasmine, rose and green lilac, which meet sea breeze and black currant leaves. Base notes fondle with accords of precious wood, juniper, cedar and warm amber.<---you totally know that came straight from the website? Like I would really say "a heart develops....anything! "
What I am reading: totally assuming i have time to read. i just went back to work for the first time in seven years...yeah...so not happening, unless it is the latest issue of Real Simple or Better Homes and Gardens
Newest Music added to my play list: Darius Rucker..."History In the Making" love love love this song
Movie I saw: oh goodness...it was some kid movie in OH. How sad is it that i don't even remember the name of it.
Something yummy: made my "world-famous" banana chocolate chip muffins with the kids this past week
The last place I ate: Waynes...after late night soccer practice
Something that made me cry: tonight...connect the dots. surely you will know why
Something that made me laugh: just goofing off with a friend.
Something I look forward to in September: finally getting into a routine at school.
Something I want to remember from August: getting a job, moving into a new house, being the best mom i can be
Something I am thankful for: I'm always thankful for my kids, my job and my health ...
A photo I took this month:...i dont remember how or when the "feet in the air" shots started. but i do love me some cute shoes in the air. just need to remember not to wear them on friday when i am running all over the building
because now, eight hours later..
Monday, August 30, 2010
oh where oh where do i start....
i have neglected this little blog of mine for way too long. i have this fun Hipstamatic app on my phone, so I have been taking some fun pics, since i believe all blog posts should include a photo...i might have something to blog.
while the focus of this shot appears to be the outdoor funiture..(which I am glad to say finally has its cushions on it. those cushions were some of the last boxes i unpacked!)
but it is the colorful bracelet i was trying to take a funky shot of......this bracelet has become one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. it matches most of my wardrobe, everything from a white T and shorts to that cute aqua dress i wore to the Smith's change of command.
"I always say that I don't want to be sentimental, that the photographs shouldn't be sentimental, and yet, I am conscious of my sentimentality. " - Robert Frank
it is this "conscious" that brought me to take a picture of something as simple as a bracelet. i love the way it feels as it slips around my wrist....how it gently swings around my wrist all day. the clasp is a toggle that has two little beads on it. reminds me of little fish eyes. i remember the day i bought it and what an awesome day it was. it's cute and fun..
two things i need in my life now.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
in the morning, i am going back to work as a school teacher.
i am trying to maintain a calmness instead of the restlessness that i have struggled with all week. teacher friends have been the best....old ones from my old central (go cougars) to the new ones at pioneer park. without these fellow girlies, i would still be in my room getting things ready.
so with this life change, i am choosing to be calm...
and in the words (facebook status) of one of my OU roomies, a kindergarten teacher in norman:..yes, Mrs. Amy D'Agostino
"to all of my teacher (and principal) friends: I wish you a wonderful first day!
to all of my student friends: good luck and have fun!
to all my parent friends: tears and simultaneous applause is perfectly understandable!"
happy night before school y'all
Saturday, August 14, 2010
when a bestie tells you your feet in dire need of a pedi....
you don't hesitate to make time to go get them done
wearing "Im Really Not A Waitress"
and i'm not...
Friday, June 25, 2010
1. On vacation, I like to relax, enjoy the sights, see the kids laughing
2. i love sitting on the sand in the ocean and let the waves carry me just a bit.
3. One of my favorite vacation spots the beach, any beach.
4. During the full moon, i can feel the crazy in the air.
5. Up, up, and away, the balloon floated away
6. Bananas go into my protein shake almost every day. my latest favorite is strawberry, banana, blueberries with lots of ice.
7. As for the weekend, tonight I am looking forward to cooking out with the whole fam damily, tomorrow my plans include birthday party for nephew J, and Sunday I want to take a wild guess......ding ding ding, did you say "sleep in"...my all time favorite thing to do on a Sunday.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
As an adult, what is your favorite thing about summer: grilling, a chilled white wine, sitting on the deck
What was your favorite thing about summer when you were a kid? running around with my cousins catching fireflies in an old jelly jar at my grandparent's house.
In 2010, it will be the summer of the: monkeys. It is the book I am reading the kids.
Want to play? Lisa hosts Manic Monday at : Manic Monday meme
Friday, June 18, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
my roommate and i once: stole a table umbrella from a restaurant in Norman.
never in my life have i: gotten a tattoo
high school was: fun...though I wouldn't go back an do it again
when i'm nervous i: talk non-stop
my hair: is cute...i really like the new shorter cut
when i was five: i started kindergarten with the best kindergarten teacher ever...mrs. murray
when i turn my head left: i see AND smell my French Bulldog...good thing i found a can of febreeze
i should be: not watching the Bachelorette...i swear i won't watch every time, but I get sucked in
by this time next year: we will have lived in OK a year and we won't be moving
my favorite aunt is: my aunt RoseMary...she is the reason i am a teacher. she used to let me go to her classroom and help her when i was on spring break
i have a hard time understanding: mean people
you know i like you if: i share my wine with you
my ideal breakfast is: coffee and a toasted bagel
if you visit my hometown: don't blink, you might miss it...grew up in PODUNK oklahoma
if you spend the night at my house: i will feed you an awesome meal
the animal i would like to see flying besides birds: pigs..
i shouldn't have been: sucked into another season of the Bachelorette
last night: i enjoyed chatting with a friend
a better name for me would be: i like my name...but i do have a "club name"..or i did..haven't been to a place where i might need to use it in a LONG time
i've been told i look like: Pocahontas...lol
if i could have any car it would be: i love my car..but once the kids are out of boosters, maybe the Volvo XC90
Sunday, June 13, 2010
It's June. We have moved out of our home in Kentucky. I cleaned like how I would want to move into a home. I always think someone will think the same thing and my house will be clean. Thinking back, I don't think that has happened. If I really wanted a therapy session I could root down to the orgins of my need to obsessively clean,....but not now.
We are staying with my in-laws in OH. For the first time in forever, I have left my kids with a baby sitter.
He was my brother in law
does that still count?
Counted in my book? Especially since he wanted to watch some soccer game....world cup much?
but I went to a wine festival with my inlaws and hubby
had so much fun!
came home with whoopie pies
and a cool water fountain
also drank many sips of wine
favorite was one called vino verde
GIVE ME MY GREEN WINE
Friday, May 21, 2010
2. i'm looking forward to seeing my baby graduate from preK today.
3. _Bobby Bones show is what I am listening to right now. best thing i found when we lived in Texas. #justsayin'
4. Potato must have pickles in it. but only whole kosher dill pickles that you cut up yourself!
5. fried egg on an english muffin with provolone was the best thing I ate today. (i know, REAL healthy)
6. today was started very early ( I woke up at 5AM!)
7. and as for the weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to pizza with the kids, tomorrow my plans include finally seeing Husband after a long month, and Sunday i want to sleep in!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
wee little background:
Each week Livi works for some positive reinforcement for getting a stamp all week. A stamp means good behavior from her for her preK teacher. We've done things like eating out, watching "trash" TV like Hannah Montana, a pack of gum in her room, etc. Lately she has wanted to download a song on my phone.
This morning I heard her be-bopping to some song. I "shazamed
it. Turns out it is Justin Beiber featuring Sean Kingston "Eenie Meenie"
oops.....spare me the lecture on how inappropriate it is for a five year to be singing this song. I'm just glad she didn't hear Rhianna's Rude Boy. I think I would have to draw the line at that one.
so, in three short days (she did earn her stamp today), she will be listening to Eenie Meenie on my phone.
oh dear, we have the JustinBeiber fever
ps this pic was taken at the Coke Museum field trip last week. It was the first time she had ever had Coke!
Friday, May 07, 2010
And, here we go:
1. Salsa and *chips* could totally be my dinner if I didn't want to eat the entire bag!
2. *About once a year, I will eat a hotdog BUT only if* you've (even) got mustard.
3. By the time I get home, *well, since I am a SAHM, I am technically always home...BUT..I just want to put my feet up, especially since they are sporting the super cute Stephen Bonanno Lisagh sandals* They are named after a fabulous blogger I "know". I started reading Lisagh of Grosgrain Garage when Husband was deployed and she sent me a random email. She is Monkey's mommy. I have never had a pair of Bonanno sandals. *
4. *Fresh sushi* is what I look forward to most when grocery shopping.
5. And I was dreaming, *I was late to pick Will up from the bus stop. Livi and I were in Sam's. I woke up when I heard them announce on the intercom, "Welcome to Barbados!" I almost started crying since I was worried he was alone in the house for three hours...and how was I going to get back to KY from Barbados! But Livi told me, he knows how to get his own snacks. He will just get an apple and a cheese stick! *
6. *Hearing the quiet of the house once the kids are settled into bed* is there anything else better.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *going to TKD with Will (he is so close to the first stripe for his green belt!), tomorrow my plans include *enjoying the sunshine*, and Sunday I want to *go to dinner with the kids at Kansai*.
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
Then we moved back to Oklahoma
Then we moved to California.
Then we moved to Kansas.
Then we moved to Texas.
Then we moved to Kentucky.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
If you could write your own bill of rights, what would you include?
*a right to a cup of coffee with lots of creamer and Splenda BEFORE anyone can ask a question
What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
*husband is gone TDY again...i never realize exactly how much he helps out until he is gone....thanks husband for all that you do!
What do you think is the secret to a good life?
*simple: know what you want and follow through with that instead of whining and complaining of how rotten things are
Example: i have embraced the whole KY Derby mindset for a simple Run for the Roses at Will's school. It was a great excuse to find a fun dress I wouldn't normally have chosen. Also, I just added a fun peony to a straw hat. It is held on with pop up dots. I can take it off after the party. Or I might just keep it on there!
Manic Monday can be found here: http://manicmondaymeme.blogspot.com/
Thursday, April 22, 2010
i am thankful for: the sale of our home!!!!! (admit it, that is way worthy of multiple exclamation marks!)
from the kitchen: i think i'll grab a glass of wine (pic taken last weekend because clearly it is evening here!)
i am wearing: a cami top that i wore under my shirt today and jammie pants.
i am creating: the perfect backpack to take to the zoo....did I forget anything??
i am going: to watch Sober House with Dr Drew later
i am reading: just finished "look again" some book my SIL gave me! Very good but worried me. I can't fathom if something ever happened to one of the kids.
i am hoping: i can continue working out at least 3x a week.
i am hearing: ANTM (America's Next Top Model DVRd from earlier in the background)
around the house: i actually have a few messes... i feel so free to NOT have to keep it "show ready"
one of my favorite things: listening to the kids playing outside...jumping on the trampoline, running through the sprinkler, swinging, trying to vacuum bugs with the bug catcher
a few plans for the rest of the week: hopefully a zoo trip, enjoy the last few days with husband before he goes TDY for most of May
a picture to share: see above..i took this with my phone either last weekend or the weekend before, a gorgeous weekend with a glass of wine
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
my wish would be for
*Will to be utterly confident for his 6th degree orange belt testing this weekend
* there to be a box of kleenex puffs plus in every room (i'll take the pollen over winter any day)
*for Livi to continue to have a song in her heart as long as she doesn't want to become a popstar
i had to insert this song as i do love me some Nickelback!
Friday, April 09, 2010
And...here we go!
1. In 1992, I was *teaching in L-town America.
2. The trampoline (aka "the bounce in our house) brings * laughter and smiles. Since everyone needs a little bounce in their life, please listen to this video!
3. Do what you *can*, with what you *know now*, where you *are in your life*.
4. *Just where I am, but in a smaller pair of jeans* is where I'd like to be.
5. The trees and flowers are telling me *go grab a Kleenex. But I will take spring and pollen over dreary winter every single day!
6. *Laundry* that just keeps going on. *Though I can say I am finally caught up after all the spring break laundry.*
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *garlic chicken pizza with the family*, tomorrow my plans include *planting some flowers and putting out the hanging baskets* and Sunday, I want to *sleep in and enjoy the sunshine*!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
i took this picture last fall
the grass is almost back to being this green
there was frost on the ground this morning
BUT it was melted quickly
it was warm enough to ride scooters to the bus stop
a bird made a nest in the wreath on my door
she laid two eggs as well
i had to move the wreath since she was dive-bombing people coming in the front door
we are trying to sell the house
can't have some little bird dive bombing potential buyers
i love spring
Thursday, March 25, 2010
1. I am thinking… I am so over the spitty dreary rainy day.
2. I am thankful for… my family, sounds cheesy I know!
3. From the kitchen… I made my favorite Greek pasta salad.
4. I am wearing… jammie pants and the shirt I had on today.
5. I am creating… an organized home with routines that work for us.
6. I am going… to bring cookies to Will's class since he is the Star Student this week.
7. I am reading… The latest Land's End catalog!
8. I am hoping… that realotors will quit calling me and wanting to show the house in less than thirty minutes!
9. I am hearing… Gene Simmons' Family Jewels on the DVR. Don't laugh, he is fairly stable and very funny!
10. Around the house… is little to no mess....see #8!
11. One of my favorite things… is a quiet house with a cup of warm coffee and my sudoku puzzle from the newspaper.
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… cookies at school, pizza Friday, and rent a kid movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or something fun!
13. A picture to share…My hair is getting really long. I haven't cut it in almost six months. I still get my roots touched up (don't look too closely, my color appt is next week!)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
frequently i have this dream i am flying
it is dark, i assume it is dusk
i can tell people are on the ground....i feel like they are my people
if i fly high enough i can see a path
i try to land as gently as i can on the delicate limbs near the top
the limbs are like these in this pic, kinda flimsy and frail
i try to land on them anyways, just so i can see the path
i usually wake up after flying from treetop to treetop
i never fall...i just wanna fly
so, I leave you with Sugar Ray's "Fly"
maybe you can fly, too
Monday, March 22, 2010
* impromptu s'mores around the firepit with the neighbors
*movie and popcorn in the living room
*sunday nap on a rainy afternoon
and since i haven't done one of these in forever: manic Monday
What do you value most in other people? just one?? how about a few: creative, open minded, honest, hard working, fun,
If you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see? shades of grey
You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? there is so much more to life than high school, move on, have fun!
**pic of me and livi taking on friday, when it was nice and warm...and not overcast
Monday, March 15, 2010
these adorable shirts are now hanging in my closet.
now if the weather would cooperate, one would be hanging on my back.
please, sunshine, come back.
ps, i was completely giddy this afternoon. i spent at least an hour organizing Livi's closet. i moved the spring clothes to the "current clothes" side of her closet.
so, please, sunshine...come back and make two girlies really happy
Friday, March 12, 2010
And...here we go!
1. I am so looking forward to *the spring flowers blooming*?
2. *See you* later.
3. When you get *soft pears, make ginger pear muffins*.
4. *Routines and organization* is a big part of my life.
5. If you need anything *call me cell, I am never home*.
6. *Livi is* a trip.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to *PapaMurphy pizza and ginger pear muffins*, tomorrow my plans include *a little grocery shopping* and Sunday, I want to *remember to set my clock...spring forward*!
Friday fill in questions courtesy of the talented Janet
Friday Fill In hosted by --
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Livi had school this morning until 2:30. They missed so many days in February, they are doing extended days on Thursdays.
I had all kinds of plans to go up to Louisville. (I had to take my car to the Volvo dealer to look at some headlight problem.)
THEN this is what we woke up to. This dark gray cloud rolled just as Will was getting on the bus.
I am not one to drive in the rain. I am really not one to drive in the rain with just one headlight.
I came home, did a few chores, and took a nap!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
can you see those teeny tiny little things on the branches?? i do believe they are little blossoms.
bring on the allergy meds, i'll take the fluffy stuff flying all around.
ps...the people that came for a second look asked for some more information about the subdivision rules about fences!!
Monday, March 08, 2010
first of all, don't faint.....I really am blogging again. i felt overwhelmed for a bit. i felt obligated to post here. i felt like it was one more thing i had to check off my list each day. i threw a little temper tantrum, stomped my foot, and said, "i won't! i won't do it!"
but then the sunshine came out. i felt the warmth of the sun on my face. i felt like i had a picture i did want to share.
i still haven't picked up my camera. this is just taken with my phone, but it is a start.
we listed our home this past week. we already know we will PCS (army speak for move) this summer.
at the drop of a hat a realtor will call. i am too scared to say, 'uuh, no, you can't come." so, i load the kids up and head to a park. this is the bridge to one near our house.
i loved the symbolism as well....i think i am ready to cross that bridge one more time and blog.
just maybe, notice Will is only about a fourth of the way across.
but it is a start, i still feel the sunshine