Thursday, August 07, 2008

Photo Story Friday and a little fill-in


let's line up, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
These shells were lined up along the bench in front of the beach'08 house we went to in May. Every day, the kids would get up at the a$$ crack of dawn. There were little more than bamboo shades on the windows....more to keep the sun out than the light. A good thing about getting up so early....great shots and shells. While Will loved to surf and play in the water, despite a jellyfish sting; Livi just wanted to collect shells. She would turn them over and over and make sure they were "pretty"....that didn't necessarily mean they were not broken. But they were perfect in her little world. We would walk up and down the beach until the little bucket was about half full. Then we would take them back to the little outdoor shower thingy. Do you think we washed off? Heck no, just the little shell-filled bucket. Once they were properly rinsed, Livi got to work. She lined up them up almost like they were some musical notes on a sheet of music. Once they were in the right order, she walked along the bench singing a little song.
We still have those little shells. They made the move! They are stored in a little cigar box. I just hope we got all that sand off of them!


Friday fill in courtesy of the talented Janet

1. You know you're old when your kids have to remind you that you have forgotten to put your teeth in (I swear my Grandmother always forgot where her were: tapping her temple....'I know I am borgettin' sumpin!' Me: "Grandma, your teeth" 'Oh yeah, dey are by da sink, will woo get dem?' Me: "UUGHH NO!"

2. My heart is divided between being elated the kids start school next week and missing them.

3. Ironing is what I need RIGHT NOW! I haven't ironed in weeks!

4. I have felt the fear of thinking he might never come home, I have known the depths of relief when he was back with us.

5. Gah, won't these people every shut their dogs up.

6. Start the day's load of laundry as soon as you can!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting the last bathroom painte, tomorrow my plans include finally getting that cut/color and Sunday, I want to enjoy it since Husband is leaving for a week!

18 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love that story (and the vignette on photo - very nice).

Whose dogs are yapping? Your new neighbors? May I suggest a muzzle?

Janet said...

Love the story about the shells :-) Good luck with the painting!

Libby said...

Tommie, the story you wrote about Livi and the shells is just beautiful. I love the detail about some shells being pretty even though they might be broken.

Enjoy the cut/color and hang those photos!

tommie said...

mamageek- yes, loud barking dogs way too late at night!

janet- I will pass that luck along to Husband, as he will be the one painting!

Libby-She loves those shells. Husband gave her a little cigar box where the lid slides off. She thinks it is a modern day treasure chest just like the one Ariel had!

Sreisaat said...

#6 - I heard you loud and clear *lol* Got a mountain-high pile of laundry for the weekend.

Laski said...

LOVE the story!! Adore the pic. How cool . . .

Cut and color, huh? Pic???

tommie said...

laski-I have the name of a salon of a friend that used to live here. Then I found someone in Target whose hair I loved.....she got it done at the Hair school.....yes<----where they train gals/and guys to do hair. Since I have very dark brown/black hair, I am going to give them a try! Heck what can they mess up!



I might take pics!

Corey~living and loving said...

cute story....and GREAT photo!
Happy PSF!

Monogram Queen said...

I never got to get up early at the beach a single time (much to my regret). I love seashells!

Mary Alice said...

ummm I know what you mean about the ironing. I have a bunch of to be done myself......and the husband thing? So familiar. I think all military, police, and firefighter wives share those feelings.

Pdyrholm said...

I love the shells and the view into the world of the wee girl. I guess that's why I love kids so much. Gives you a completely new vision :-)

Great perspective on the photo

Robyn said...

That end black shell is really pretty I can see why she picked it up. Great photo and story.

Susie said...

I love the story and actually felt like I was standing right there while you rinsed each rock!
I also enjoy early mornings-sounds like an amazing trip to the beach to me!

Ryanne said...

I love watching the way little children's minds work. They are so funny and cute, and see the world so differently than us. It is great. I love the picture

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

How fun to search,clean and lineup for inspection, her treasures! What great memories for you both!

Cecily R said...

LOVE the photo, love the story, love the fill ins. PSF perfection!

Anonymous said...

I wish people would shut up their dogs too - what's up wiht this???? Hurray for laundry. Is that all hooked up? Boy, I bet you have a lot to get done.

Unknown said...

Let's Line Up is a most excellent photo! It really draws my eye in.