Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tell Martha to move over

The kids didn't have school on Monday, so we needed some activity to pass the time in the afternoon when it is too hot to play. So, totally forgetting no we didn't make muffins (totally forgot it was Monday yesterday!!) out of flour, salt, and cream of tartar.

Eeks, it looks like Shrek is having a bit of a butt rash.......or some orange playpoh.


Oh, the Fuzzy Pumper barber shop......another child hood toy I loved so much. My old TX neighbor A gave it to Will and Livi. Most of the playdoh from TX was all dried up from being in storage for two months!


Now for the third and final Tommie-sewing project....See Livi's little dress, oh yeah, I made it. It is just a t-shirt cut off just above her waist. Then a little gathered skirt is made from less than half a yard of fabric. Throw on some pompom trim and you have an adorable dress fit for a princess.


How's that for a Tommie-praise-train?? So I'll admit a little guilty pleasure: I am totally loving the new 90210...yes, and I even DVR'd it so I can rewind the things I didn't hear!

14 comments:

Beth said...

What a beautiful dress, great job.

i am unsure of the new 90210. I should have dvr'd it to, I was interupted a few times...just unsure. Seemed a little far fetchy and not near as good as the original...

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That IS a beautiful dress but I'm sorry my eyes are still feasting on Shrek's butt.

I can't believe I just typed that.

Corey~living and loving said...

love the new dress. Don't you feel wonderful when you make something? :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Such a cute dress! And what a handsome guy!

lisagh said...

Nice job on the dress - very ingenious!

Janet said...

lol that does look like playpooh ;-) Great job on the dress! I missed the premiere, was it similar to the original? And...whyyyy did Hollywood cancel Moonlight yet make a remake of 90210? Gah!

Anonymous said...

Oh look at what a crafty mama you are! Makin' play dough in the shape of a favorite character, making pom pom dresses (I wonder if I could get my girls to go for that????)

I just couldn't bring myself to watch 90210...I loved the original too much (at least in the early years) How was it?

Monogram Queen said...

I Love the dress! My sister used to do stuff like that for me. She can sew like a whiz AND doesn't work!
I can't get interested in the new 90210 but I did love the old one!
Luke Perry *sigh*

Melanie said...

LOVE homemade playdough..fun stuff! Cute outfit! I also like your layout!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Awwww the dress is adorable!! I am dying laughing at the Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop ... totally had one of those when I was little!

About the new 90210 ... I watched it. I think it's OK for adults but totally not a kids show, ya know? Maybe I'm crazy. I called it the new 9021-NO for kids! hahaha

Loved the photos!

~melody~

Anonymous said...

I love the dress you made for Livi, very clever and so pretty!

We are just about to start with the new 90210 down under. It's so strange that I now have a daughter old enough to want to watch it and who asks me 'what was the old one like mum' as if it's some ancient show from the 'olden days' lol!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love the dress! Gosh, that's amazing! You are totally rocking the sewing! YAY!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i think i dont mind nibbling on shrek's butt..bliss by the bite, I am sure ;DDDD

and that dress is so cool!!! the max. i have done with sewing ever is hem a 'kerchief sometime in life.......that's about it!!!!!

tulipmom said...

I am so impressed with that dress!!

I've missed reading your posts, so good to stop by. Your new design looks wonderful!