Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why I got up at 5AM



Why I got up at 5AM, originally uploaded by tommiea1.




It's no lie, I love my car. This was my dream car .....Back when I was a college student I would babysit for all these moms. Most of them drove a black Volvo wagon with the tan brown leather interior.

So when Husband was to deploy, we happen to drive into Austin just to look at the cars.......yeah right. With the deal they offered us, we drove away with a new car. When we lived in TX, Austin was about 45 minutes away. Here the closest dealer is about an hour away. I can honestly say it is the ONLY thing I don't like about my car. To do something as simple as my 30,000 mile check up, I have to get up way before the a$$ crack of dawn. I would even go so far as to say way HONKIN' before.....yes, that is 5:47 AM! On my way for "TIME FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE" .


Yes, I can honestly say it is the only thing I don't like about my car. 5:47AM means I got up at 5AM. I don't even like typing 5AM, much less getting up that early. Then tying to navigate in the dark was just crazy. I assumed there would be no traffic at that time of day. Who was I kidding, it was a zoo! I was going the speed limit and people were passing me like I was granny on her way to church.

While there, I was able to use their free wi-fi....I uploaded the 5:47AM pic. I found a bunch of the kids' camera.


Apparently these are a few of Livi's favorite things: Polly Pockets, shopping at babyGap, herself, the playroom, the Wordwhammer, a bag, her room, her ceiling fan, and me! It is so fun to see the things they find worthy of taking pics of......




Happy Wednesday, y'all!


15 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, I LOVE Livi's pictures!!! Nice angle on the comforter, too!

BTW...I sent out your chestnuts yesterday. These are not edible chestnuts, they're horse chestnuts, so don't let the kids try to eat 'em! I also left two in their jackets, so you can see that...and one's a twin!

tavolini said...

hahaha--I think the photography gene runs in your family!

Volvos are great cars, aren't they? I rode cross country with my friend in her '86 wagon--one of my favorite all time memories.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Ugh, I can't even type that time myself! So sorry you had to get up that early!

Great pics Livi!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Love kids' photos ... HATE anything that involves 5AM or even 6AM. SO not the morning person. You deserve a diamond for this one.

;)

~melody~

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your pain!! You had me laughing!!

Unknown said...

I think it is so cool that you let the kids use a camera. :) Love those shots!

I hear you on the 5 a.m. thing. Ugh.

Heather said...

I'm sorry you had to get up so early, especially for THAT! haha. I'd kill to sleep that "late" though. I have to be up by 4:45 or I'll be late for my 5:30 commute.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word.....Livi takes the BEST photos. tee hee...the ceiling fan one....blows me away. rock on Livi. :)

IamDerby said...

I feel for ya, even though I get up at 5 nearly every morning.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I'd say Livi was a budding photographer! Watch out Anne Geddes. Too cute! I am always up by 5, so I share your pain. OY.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Livi's a natural. :) She must be watching you. ;)

It's amazing - even in the city, there is WAY less traffic at 11:30pm than there is at 5:30am. I'm sure you were dealing with PT traffic on top of that.

I made the fry bread using your recipe. :D I think I put a little too much salt in it, but otherwise it turned out great! Thank you so much. :D

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

So cool......that window shot with the curtains has to be my fav.........you gotta watch out...she's gonna be THE photographer in the family :)))

and i have been having triple thoughts about investing in a MINI for precisely the same reason, the closest dealer is like 2 hrs drive away :(((( btw, my husband's a die hard fan of Volvos....heck, he like anything Swedish ;DDD

Anonymous said...

Those photos are precious, what a creative little girl she is! 5am is way too early for me too!!! Have a great weekend, Nel x

Monogram Queen said...

That is just too cute ... Livi... NOT getting up at 5 a.m.!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have these things you love - it makes me so happy to see you love them! I love your choices for happiness! :)