Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Stocking up on Overstock

I am so lovin' Overstock.com. The entry way and dining room has wood floors. Wood floors echo. Two kids under five are loud! So wood floors + loud kids = a need for rugs. Enter Overstock.com. I have gotten two gorgeous rugs since coming to KY.


This rug now graces the dining room floor. It is HUGE...like 9'6" X 13'6"...I got it for a steal, it was 78% off the retail price. With shipping less than the mocha choca locca latte I treat myself to....it was a bargain! It is a 100% wool as well.

Though the edges look black in this pic, it is really a dark green. It goes so well with the drapes I finished this weekend. The wall color as well as the Red Cornelian wall are also represented rug.





This runner is in the entry way. It totally brings out all the floral colors of this San Francisco painting we have along the long wall of the entry way.



The gold color along the border is very similar to the Nacho Chip color we use in the living room and our bedroom. But in real life that color is much more muted, more like a light butter color. Again, 100% wool and 50% off.


I am hooked! I ordered the runner first....since I wanted to see the quality of the rugs. I was impressed enough to order that mongo rug. I will definitely be ordering again.


I have my eye on some cute little white rocking chairs for the front porch.



A little sneak peek: I am thinking this is the light fixture (from Lowes, of all places!) to go over the table. The table is a rectangular table. So this will look gorgeous. Livi and I are going to run by one more store in the morning on "girl day" to see if there is anything I like better. Either way, we will get one tomorrow, so Husband can hang it before the furniture gets here the following week (or two).

So, have you ever gotten anything at Overstock?

15 comments:

Janet said...

You have the BEST taste, girl!!!

tommie said...

Janet- Thanks! Yeah, yeah I know! I kid....I just like comfy! Comfy that doesn't show that toddlers have run amok around the house! LOL

Are your ears burning? I swear I was commenting on your blog as you commented on this!

megz_mum said...

Those rugs look great! All the better for being reduced as well.

Desert Diva said...

What a sense of decorating style you have! I don't believe I've ever ordered anything from Overstock.com, but guess where I'm off to now... ;-)

IamDerby said...

Love your purchases! I have ordered from Overstocks but not home goods. I buy craft stuff from them, good prices, good shipping price and fairly fast shipping. I was happy.

Anonymous said...

Your new home is coming together so beautifully. What a bargain for such gorgeous rugs that fit in so well with what you have done so far.

Can't wait to see the lights you choose! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gosh, I would never ever even think of looking for rugs there! wow! I'll look forward to hearing how it all turned out! :)

KatBliss said...

You are so torether with the decorating! I've lived in my home 8 years and am still adding . :) You've been there such a short time and things are nearly done!

BTW, if I lived in N. KY, we'd totally handle your french doors! KY is my favorite state. Did you know that? I LOVE the horse farms in Lexington.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I bought towels on Overstock once. I love the rugs! Rugs have been my thing lately.

Monogram Queen said...

Nope i've never even visited their website...

Anonymous said...

I am SO heading over there. I've been looking for new rugs and haven't seen anything I liked...at least not at a price I was willing to pay!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love it...AND they also contribute to Upromise (if you have a 529 college plan setup for the kids) - so free cash. Score.

THOSE are beautiful.

Joanna said...

Oh to have you for a day or seventy! You got skillz woman.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

GREAT finds!!! We recently got a fab deal on a huge rug, too -- 9' X 15' - Got it for $300! I've seen it for more than $1800 in other stores. I'm still thinking they are going to knock on my door and tell me they were wrong on the price or something. LOL

Love the lighting, too! I so need to replace the ligting in my kitchen. Wish we could go shopping together! lol

~melody~

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

no but with that glorious recommendation, i may now :)

great stuff, tommie!