Monday, September 29, 2008

Manic Monday....and Will's favorite muffin

is hosted by Fleur de Lisa

What is the most useful gift you’ve ever been given? I have a great zippered organizer I got when I was planning our wedding. I think I might have to pull that back out again.

Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far. When Will was born his cord was wrapped around his neck. He was blue and it took them a bit to get him to breathe. I was on some serious meds to lower my blood pressure, I vaguely remember it. But that horrible feeling is still there.

One hot summer afternoon, while walking through a parking lot at a large shopping center, you notice a dog suffering badly from the heat inside a locked car. What would you do?
I would call the police.


We had to welcome fall with Will's favorite muffins: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins


3/4 c. white sugar

1/4 c. vegetable oil

2 eggs

3/4 c. canned pumpkin

1/4 c. water

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour (we use 1 c. whole wheat 1/2 c. all-purpose)

3/4 t. baking powder

1/2 t. baking soda

1/4 t. ground cloves

1/2 t. ground cinnamon

1/4 t. salt

1/4 t. ground nutmeg

1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (we use the mini chips for the mini muffins)


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pan.


Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chops.


Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake in mini muffin pan 11-12 minute. (Regular muffin pan:20-25 minutes)


Share with friends and enjoy.

10 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins? Wow. Now THAT's a recipe that calls out to me. I've bookmarked this and MUST TRY.

And Will's birth scare would have terrified me too. Talk about an out of body experience!

Janet said...

oh YUM!!

I'm glad Will was ok...how scary!

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm with Will on this one for sure. I LOVE pumpkin chocochip muffins. :) we made Pumpkin Cranberry muffins today. yummmo!

megz_mum said...

These are just begging to be made! Sounds divine! Any photos though, or are they all gone?

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I can relate to your fear, Maddie wasn't breathing when she was born either.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.. sound FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

Just so that everyone knows: these muffins are totally scrumptious! We were recipients of Muffin Monday ... the kids and I fought over who got how many!!(of course, often times they didn't know how many I ate before I brought them into the house!) Tommie knew enough to NOT deliver them if I wasn't home!!!!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Seriously...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins????? OMGOOOODNESS...that sounds like heaven in a muffin. I'm so going to have to try this ASAP!

~melody~

Anonymous said...

Oh YUM!! I used to get these at Van Gogh's ear in Venice Beach. I'm off to makes some of my own.

I'm so glad Will was born an Action. I'm certain that's why he survived-that Action spirit! :)

Desert Diva said...

I'm glad that during Will's birth that you both turned out fine. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins? I may have to start baking!

Unknown said...

I love anything pumpkin- I'm going to have to swipe this one. :)

Even if you were doped up during Will's birth, a mom still knows when something is wrong. I am so glad everything was OK.