Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thematic Photographic- Angles


This week Carmi at Written Inc had the theme of angles for his Thematic Photographic. I was clueless until these horse chestnuts showed up in the mail. The uber-talented Janet of Fond of Snape sent them to me....they were even the star in her What Is It Wednesday? last week. So once I unwrapped the little brown box, I grabbed my camera and Livi. We headed outdoors in the afternoon sun. The ones of her holding them had too many shadows. But this one, sitting on the wood of the swing I liked. The ANGLE that this horse chestnut opened formed a perfect 90 degree angle. Inside this pokey little shell were little horse chestnut twins.



In my response to her "What is it Wednesday", I thought it was some kind of horny toad. I grew up in SW Oklahoma...horny toads were a dime a dozen. You could catch them by their tails and they would snap their little tails off to get free! Oh yeah, fond memories! LOL



Also, why is it I giggle every time I say horny toad......?? What am I like thirteen years old??

12 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, I love this picture! Somehow, I knew the "twins" would be a good one to send! I hope you can grow it!!! And I'm glad you already did something creative with it :-)

Anonymous said...

I always giggle at the word too. I never saw one until I was in NM with D. He put one in my hand and I screamed (like a girl) ;)

I love the photo - great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a great pic! What can we say .. 40 something going on 13!!

Desert Diva said...

I love your photo - I commented on it on the Flickr site. You should have a margarita made with Hornitos tequila called the "Horny Toad" - then you'd really be giggling! ;-)

Unknown said...

I love the color of that chestnut. It's so gorgeous in the light you've captured it in.

Giggling is good, even if you're not 13. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Ha Ha you are juvenile like me!

I love roasted chestnuts!

Horny toads sound alot like our chameleons - their tails snap off when you grab them too!

gina said...

That is a great shot. And a gross story about horny toads.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Horny Toad.

(*snicker*)

Lovely shot Tommie, I dig the bokeh!

tavolini said...

Nice pic! I like the textures.

Ashlee and Carey said...

The same reason I giggle too! Working with kids in a school gives you their junior high mind set!!!! I updated my blog by the way!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I went to TCU for a little while...I was a horny toad. LOL

Fabulous photo...you're amazing!

~melody~

Joanna said...

Well you just know I'm going to gush about how good you are at taking pictures. Gush, gush - you're awesome! :)