G-Grandma bought the kids gingerbread house/train kits while we were there for Thanksgiving
I- I piped the icing on the seams.
N- NO candy was consumed by me
G- Guess how much the kids ate.
E- eager to work alone
R- really proud of their work
B- brought them home to their
E- Enjoyed it
A- ate some of the candy as they were making them
the kids had so much fun making these. thanks Grandma, for some fun memories!
Friday, December 04, 2009
G-Grandma bought the kids gingerbread house/train kits while we were there for Thanksgiving
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
**act like this picture is just above #4....blogger is acting picky this fine evening!***
1. The last band I saw live was......oh man, I sure it was some kind of Disney on Ice or the Wiggles. lovely, I really should get out more.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is.....being surrounded by my loud chaotic family, lots of kids, great food, wine. oh yeah, bring it on!
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is .....a mere figment of my imagination. though i am starting to make a list of ideas.
4. Thoughts of Will fill my head. he wants to walk from the bus stop to the house all by himself!!!
5. I wish I could wear those wide leg long trouser pants....but when you are barely 5'3", you just look silly!
6. Bagpipes always make me cry...
7. As for the weekend, I am looking forward to taking Will to tae kwon do then pizza with the family, tomorrow my plans include a cut and color, and Sunday I want to ....take a wild honkin' guess: sleep in, baby!
Thursday, November 05, 2009
2. decorated: for fall, my favorite time of the year
3. dyson: love my handheld one....the kids think it is fun to "get" to help clean
4. distraught: when I walked into Will's classroom yesterday, .....and he wasn't in there! but, he was in another class doing math.
5. downloaded: Glee-the-Music-vol-1 can't get enough of that show! love it
6. dinner: or do you say supper?
7. drink: of choice, diet DP
8. don't: think I will ever be a morning person
9. do: wish i were...it would totally make my mornings easier
10. dang: my choice of words....just waiting for the day that pete and repeat say it.
11. Disney world....best vacation ever.
12. dillards: used to be the place to shop when i was younger....are those even around any more?
13. daylight savings....still working on getting used to it
Thursday 13: Letter D 2008
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
on tonight's menu: roasted butternut squash and shallot soup. it is a simple three step process: roast, blend, simmer. this soup is so good! better than that, i can do everything but warm it up earlier in the day.
then we finally get home, warm it up, make some grilled cheese and dinner is served.
Monday, November 02, 2009
as i write this at 7:43 pm, both kids are already fast asleep. daylight savings time has taken its toll on the kids.
this morning when the kids came in between 5-5:30, i was seriously wishing they had a snooze button on them. i can honestly say i would totally be the first one to bop them on the head for nine more minutes of sleep!
thankfully they didn't have school today. something called FDEA on the school calendar. i don't know what FDEA is, but I am ever so grateful for it.
Husband did have to get up to go to work, so he fed them breakfast. thank you Husband! whew hoo....got to sleep in just a bit anyway.
happy monday, y'all
Saturday, October 31, 2009
pumpkin time is here again,
time to play trick or treat.
pumpkin time is here again,
our spooky friends we'll meet.
see the costumes we have on,
monsters, ghosts, pirates too.
see the costumes we have on,
hear us all shout "boo!"
happy halloween from the tuesday update family
Thursday, October 29, 2009
my name is tommie
i am a Mike and Ike virgin. i mean seriously, who eats these? this is the candy i was given to hand out at livi's pre-k halloween party today.
i guess one in fifteen mom's there has had it at least once.
so are you a virgin? i mean, a mike and ike virgin?
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
livi has started watching the song and dance parts of Glee with me. this afternoon she BEGGED me to download "Sweet Caroline" that Puck (Mark Salling) sang last week. just imagine her singing dancing. kind of scary she knows how to put it on repeat on my iphone.
**picture is just a random shot of her from the drive down to Disneyworld. we stopped in macon, ga. this is some fountain by this fun little place we had dinner.**
Monday, October 26, 2009
Not sure if I am ready to jump back into blogging......
but then I remembered I could blog straight from flickr.
took this shot at the field trip to the pumpkin patch. you can always tell he is concentrating when the lips are like that. he really was trying to start the tractor.
makes me wonder what he would have done had it started.
Thursday, September 03, 2009
2) current candle scents: still burning Tonka Bean...dang, how many of those did I buy?
3) what i am currently reading: rereading the second Twilight book.
4) newest music i added to my playlist: "Alright" by Darius Rucker (yes, the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish). I don't usually like listen to too much country, but I really liked this one.
5) movies i saw: does the Lifetime channel count? LOL
6) something yummy i made this month: homemade meatballs from an old Cuisine at Home magazine.
7) the last place i ate out: McDonalds...or as the kids call it Old MacDonald. Kids' choice since Husband is still TDY.
8.) something that made me cry: recently. I am sure just about anything about a week ago. I do recall someone laughing at me because I said I cried at a Kendra episode! LOL
9) something that made me laugh: Livi....after she piped up about 'scaring the craps' out of me
10) something i looked forward to this month: exploring part of Kentucky. We are going to Mammoth Cave soon.
11) something i am thankful for: Husband
12) something i want to remember about this month: My baby boy tested for his next tae kwon do belt. He is now a 9th degree white belt: a goo gup.
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
WHAT I’M READING: This months Better Homes and Gardens finished as much of it as I could this afternoon at tae kwon do. But the tooting man next to me just about put me over the edge!
WHAT I’M WATCHING: don't laugh....but I have a DVR'd Kendra on right now.
WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Yes, that would Miley "Party in the USA" though I do like this Youtube video of it. It makes me crack up laughing every single time.
WHAT I’M WEARING: pink jammies. I am going to bed with the sun since the boy's bus comes at the a$$ crack of dawn. No lie, we get out there and the sun is just coming up.
WHAT I’M EATING: nothing, to late.
WHAT I'M ENJOYING: the quiet of a house with two kids asleep.
WHAT I’M SNIFFING: Tonka Bean candles still. Though I am so ready to find me a pumpkin spice. Nothing says fall like Root candle flavors mulled cider and pumpkin spice!
Friday, August 28, 2009
3. Crazy: Speaking of crazy, (I am totally using crazy twice!) Yesterday was major crazy. I went from home, preschool, hair appt, cowgirl party, school, dr appt, tae kwon do, PTA...before finally heading home for the evening.
5. Camera: I really do need to pic up my camera more. Lately my camera mojo has just left me.
6. Computer: I somehow messed up my laptop while Husband was gone. He was home a few minutes and fixed it. I love it that he has computer skills! Otherwise the GeekSquad would be my new BFF.
7. Cry- I cry at the drop of a hat during that time. It drives me crazy. I cried during "Kendra" the other night!
8. Children: While I always saw myself as a 'three-kid' mom, I now know I was always meant to be a mom for Will and Livi.
10. and Color....I had my appointment yesterday to get my hair 'did'. I can't be letting my gray show through, I still have one in preschool!
11. Caves: We have a trip to see Mammoth Caves soon.
12. Can't: I can't wait, it should be fun.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Happy Thursday, y'all! Want to play: the new thursday-13
1. For the letter B this week, I have a story about my little boy:
4. I woke up the bowhead.
6. I know this shot is kind of blurry. But at oh-dark 30, a little boy is way too excited to stand still for a phone shot. (I have come to love blurry shots so much, I made them a set on my Flickr!)
7. As the minutes start ticking my, we see bus after bus, pass us. He looks up at me with his big blue eyes, "Mommy, will it ever show up? Do you think they know where I live?"
8. Finally, an older kid shows up. He starts giving us bits of advice. "this bus passes by first, etc" Will asked him if he was ever nervous riding the bus. He said, "Not really." **Mom note here: I was like, "Boo on you kid! This is the first time (besides the practice bus ride at Open House) he has ever ridden on a bus. I did not say this, but did think it.
10. Just beyond the trees, we see it coming around the corner.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
WHAT I AM ENJOYING: Livi never ceasing to make me laugh.
Just last night: I screamed because she made the lid slam on her step stool. I said, "Girl, you scared the ........" I paused because I was trying to think of something besides "bejesus".
She piped in, "the craps out of you." Husband is snickering while he is pulling her curtains shut, because he KNOWS I am the one that says that!
Nice one, score another "mother of the year" effort on my part
WHAT I’M READING: The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World ....now planning our days while we are there.
WHAT I’M WATCHING: the kids do an art project....Will is working on a ABC book about himself. It is killing me not to go in there and get all "McCrafty" on him.
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO: ....just pushed "most recently played" on my Ipod: Wicked Game by Chris Isaac. I think this might be one of my all time favorite songs.
WHAT I’M WEARING: shorts and an orange top ...(how funny, last week, I was wearing orange as well!
WHAT I’M EATING: had apples and a cheese stick for a snack
WHAT I’M SNIFFING: Tonka Bean candles still....
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
1.....duh........adams (I asked my hubby these as he wondered in here at 11ish) Our monogrammed silver we received as a wedding gift. It belonged to his grandparents.
2. a spoon
3. apples..it has to start with an A....the kids favorite snack
4. how many times you gonna change the rules......he says......
5. accordion....my aunt Brenda played the accordion
6. it has to be something that has to do With us
7. I didn't ask to be "blog-accosted"...he says, ".i am trying to get a snack and go back to bed
8. apple....I already did apple
10...nothing starts with a ....how about animals (PS, this is a picture I took yesterday at Livi's preschool. These animals were glued down to the hood. Even funnier, a grandpa was the one driving it!)
11 ...apostrophe.....Good golly, he is almost done with his creme brule'....he cannot think of anything else that starts with a
12. albacore...okay, he is really reaching now....
13....and the big finale....
I think I am going to start the new year ....okay let's really act like it is the new year .....with the ABCs
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
WHAT I’M WATCHING: Whatever is on the DVR.... I think there is a Gene Simmons Family Jewels on it. For as crazy as that man seems, he is fairly down to Earth!
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO: Livi sing. Honest to Bob she told me, "I sing so beautiful, I can make a bird pop!" Oh girlie.....you never cease to make me laugh! I am pretty sure she is talking about Fiona in Shrek.
WHAT I’M WEARING: shorts, orangish top that matches my new "Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It" pedicured toes. I am so not the matchy-matchy girl but the color caught my eye.
WHAT I’M EATING: I had cereal for lunch, does that count? Just drinking the standard diet DP now though.
WHAT I’M ENJOYING: The kids both being in school....whew hoo!!
WHAT I’M SNIFFING: Tonka Bean candle from Partylite....what is a Tonka Bean? I don't imagine it is a little yellow truck shaped bean?? But it does smell good, kind of spicy.
Monday, August 10, 2009
It seems like the summer has flown by, but she is very much ready to go back to school. She us very excited to be in Will's old class. She is very independent. She went right in and started coloring on the project the teachers' have out for a 'transition' project. Some of the kids in there have never gone to preschool, so they were having a hard time seperating from their parents.
Unlike year's past where I may or may not have sat in my car and cried, I suddenly found myself free for three whole hours! My first thought was, "Wow! It is so quiet!" I just ran my normal errands. (though this town is in serious need of a quaint coffee shop!!)
When I picked her up, she was the first one called. She was very excited when she came out: "Mommy, I didn't get in time out!" Of course, all the moms waiting out there laughed. She had a great time telling me all about the things the big kids do in PreK.
PS: it was so humid here when I took my camera outside to take a picture, it immediately fogged up! I had to use my phone.
Even though these are the Manic Monday questions from last week, I am still going to answer them. I haven't participated in one of these in forever!
If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Ellen....she makes me laugh, I would get to dance. I am sure there is a fun place to eat around there!
Fleur-de-Lisa hosts the original Manic Monday here
Friday, August 07, 2009
1) photo of me: taken with my Iphone: just after I got a cut and color. (Yes, I need some lip color. No, I am not driving, just buckled up!)
2) current candle scents: some Partylite candle, kind of spicy flavored
3) what i am currently reading: I did get the new Real Simple in the mail today.
4) newest music i added to my playlist: does a podcast count? I listen to my old radio station from Texas.
5) movies i saw: We took the kids to see G-Force last weekend. Kind of cute, Livi danced most of the way through it!
6) something yummy i made this month: Cilantro lime shrimp with a corn and black bean salsa.
7) the last place i ate out: Chick-fil-A
8.) something that made me cry: recently...when I was late to pick Will up from his first day of kindergarten ....dang early release! (okay this happened in Aug, but I am totally counting it!
9) something that made me laugh: Livi and her 'princess muscles' . (See post below this one)
11) something i am thankful for: living close enough to drive up to OH for the long weekend.
- Her head can just be used for a basketball. (This was after Snow White's head seperated from the body of her little polly pocket one.)
- Don't worry. I have special princess muscles. (After I told her the Snow White polly pocket would have to go in the trash since I couldn't get the head back on it.)
We went to get Livi's hair trimmed for school. She starts PreK next week. After posing and admiring herself in the mirror, she said, "Don't you love my hair? It looks 'fantabulous'!
Yes, sweety, it looks 'fantabulous'. I do hope she continues to have this kind of self-confidence.
Once we got outside, she asked, "Aren't you going to take a picture to send to Daddy? I know he would want to see my 'fantabulous' hair." This is the picture we took....
I am sure we will have a 'fantabulous' Friday, wishing you one as well.
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Unlike year's past , I didn't cry (yet). I did get a little misty-eyed but that is about it.
Feeling kind of proud of myself for not getting too boohoo-ey all day, Livi and I went home. We dropped off some stuff, then I realized I better to get to school to find a parking spot for 2:15 pickup. We live a hop, skip and a jump from school. On the way out of our neighborhood, I see kids walking home.....WTH?? DANG....I totally forgot early release this week.
Talk about a big ol' honking OOPPPPSSS. Feeling like "mother of the year" I rushed into the cafeteria to pick Will up. Here I was feeling all smug I hadn't cried all day! There were a few other kids in there as well. On the way out, I said to Will, "I am so sorry I didn't pick you up on time. I guess some other moms forgot as well."
He looked around and said, "Nope, Mom, you were the only one!" Yeah, yeah, yeah......Just add it to my mother of the year application.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
I look back at my teen years: always being the good girl, getting good grades, making it into OU. In my twenties, I was still the people pleaser. Now I was just pleasing my principal and fellow teachers. It took me a year or two to learn to say "NO" to various things I was volunteered to do.
I got married when I was 30. We moved from Oklahoma to Alaska, leaving everything I had ever known. Thank goodness for the good friends we made there. I also had two babies in two years. Now that will make life interesting. It was then that I finally learned to stop trying to please everybody.
I also figured out I might not ever fit back into those pre-baby clothes. My body is definitely curvier in places it didn't used to be curvy. But I can find and wear clothes that fit my body and look good. Clinton and Stacy (from What Not to Wear) are fountains of info! A good under garment (as Stacy and Clinton would say) is not something to skimp.
So, slowly, over the past years I have learned to realize while I might not be perfect, I am alright and I have some great bras!
Here’s what I want you to do for my birthday. Send someone an e-mail and tell them how much you appreciate them, or love them. Do it right now. Then tell me about it in the comments. That’s what I want. It’s my birthday so you have to do it.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
WHAT I’M READING: The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World ...still reading this. I got all of the reservations we wanted. There is one minor glitch, but it worked to our advantage!
WHAT I’M WATCHING: DVR'd Here Come the Newlyweds. Very cute show.
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO: just turned on Pandora. It played "If Everyone Cared" by Nickelback. I love this song!!
"If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died"
WHAT I’M WEARING: shorts, t-shirt, freshly washed face
WHAT I’M EATING: nada, it is late. Had my favorite pasta for dinner though
WHAT I’M ENJOYING: having a working laptop cord. It had been delivered to my neighbor's house!
WHAT I’M SNIFFING: the Crystal Light lemonade I am drinking
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
WHAT I’M WATCHING: DVR'd Hitched or Ditched...the momma doesn't like the guy's girlfriend, so you know it won't work out!
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO: just turned on Pandora, Nickleback station. It played "If Today Was Your Last Day" I love the words to this song:
WHAT I’M WEARING: jammie pants, t-shirt, freshly washed face.
WHAT I’M EATING: nada, it is late. Had quesadillas for dinner though
WHAT I’M ENJOYING: thinking of the long weekend
WHAT I’M SNIFFING: Crystal Light lemonade I am drinking
Monday, June 29, 2009
What is the longest love relationship (partner) you have had, and if it has ended, why? Being married to Husband. We have been married twelve years this fall. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I guess it is true, time flies when you are having fun!
What is on your bedside table? a Tiffany style lamp that my sister gave me, a Bose Ipod docking station (that I got for Husband when he got home from Iraq....I wonder how it ended up on my bedside table???) and usually whatever book I am reading.
How many pillows do you have on your bed? 7: two in pillowcases, two in some mustard yellow shams, two in one that coordinates with the duvet cover, and one foo foo pillow (that has somehow ended up on Livi's bed)
Do you make your bed every day? Are you kidding me? Of course I do!
Husband came home with this fun little sporty coupe. (This pic is straight from the Volvo website.) After his head on collision, it made it all too clear that despite you being a safe driver, you never know what the other guy is going to do. The car is so fun and is Safety's friend. Will called it a "go speed racer".
Sunday, June 28, 2009
4. I still hope Husband finds a car that he loves as much as this one.
5. These words apply to me: organized.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pizza with the family, tomorrow my plans include dinner with Will's future in-laws and E and Sunday, I want to take the boys to get haircuts and start looking at cars for Husband!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
PS, my favorite picture of her was also taken that day.
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek