Thursday, September 11, 2008

Photostory Friday......a path of shoes

Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Will has always lined things up.....random things: Mr and Mrs Clause Little People,
cars, shells, and stuffed animals. But can I blame him? I like things nice and neat as well. Everything has a place and a place for everything. So yesterday during quiet time he asked me if he could build a path......Build a path I thought? Sure why not.

I was in the basement getting our cooler weather clothes out. Whew hoo fall is in the air! I love those cool evenings.

Oh yeah back to the "path"....I haul up Livi's winter stuff and notice shoes ALL the way up the stairs. Some are Will's, some are Livi's, and even my pair that I wore that morning. At the top of the stairs, the shoes wind into Will's room. He had every SINGLE pair of his shoes and Livi's shoes lined up. He was so proud of his path. He had to go to the bottom and sing it. I don't know if you remember this, but on another PSF Livi lined up shells and sang a song about them.


You can even tell he lined them up according to how I had them on his shoe shelf in his closet: flip flops, tennis shoes, cold weather boots, water sandals, slippers, boots-cowboy and rain. This is the path my little "liner-upper" made. A path, a path right to his closet where all shoes live!
PS, please ignore the leaves on his floor, just keeping it real here.

18 comments:

Janet said...

lol that's too funny! Such creative kids you have :-)

Chris said...

That is really cool. They don't seem nearly as messy when they're in a line.
I do remember the shell story.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh that's cute, me thinks they take after their Mom! :)

Mess? What mess?

Cecily R said...

My mom says that little ones lining things up is an early indication of math skills. And my mom is usually right about that stuff, so maybe you have a math genius on your hands!!

Math genius or not, that is just CUTE as cute!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My son is a liner upper as well. My daughter is the total opposite, a tornado. I love the boots the best. I did my very first PSF this week.

Corey~living and loving said...

I don't know why....but I just think this lining things up thing is adorable. I love the photos of it as well. thanks for sharing.
Happy PSF!

tavolini said...

that is awesome! I like that you linked the shell post here, too. Honestly, the path looks really neat. You probably have an artist (or two!)

tiarastantrums said...

so cute - so funny - what a little man!!

Anonymous said...

That's so adorable!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

lol that's awesome! our little guy does this too somethings.

Unknown said...

I'm cracking up at Will's lines. Maybe he'll grow up to be an engineer or an architect.

Desert Diva said...

What a riot - what fun you must have at "Casa Tommie!"

Susan said...

I love little kid creativity! You just never know what is going through their fabulous little minds.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh my garsh that is so freaking CUTE! I love it!! hahaha

~melody~

scrappysue said...

that is so cute! he's so organised and orderly

just jamie said...

Your Will and my Chase are kindred spirits. I love this about him. Early on, I was slightly worried about a bit of autistic behavior in this orderliness, but I sure have come to love it.

Maria's Space said...

Oh my. That is too funny.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Did you leave them for action jackson to see?? I bet he laughed and laughed at this path!

Bless you for letting both of them just be themselves. Yeah!