Thursday, September 04, 2008

PhotoStory Friday

Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek




This was taken this past spring in TX. We got home from preschool and there was no quiet during quiet time. We decided to take a little walk down the street in our neighborhood to a patch of bluebonnets. Last year we had gotten some great shots. This year I was determined to get even more. Due to all the excess rain we had in 2007, there was an over abundance of blue bonnets. This year, there was only a patch or two....but in hazardous places, like the median of the main highway in town! The previous Saturday the kids and I drove around for an hour looking for some in the country. I was armed with M&Ms for their bribe....oops reward!

During a crazy day, (where you go the opposite way to get out of the neighborhood), I saw a patch of decent size, literally down the block from our house! So, we kicked quiet time to the curb and walked down there.


The kids just wanted to do silly shots! It had become tradition to do silly crazy ones for Husband while he was deployed. Bunny had to make the trip as well.



There is little to NO place that Livi goes that bunny doesn't. We are working on this, because the only time she sucks her thumb is when she has bunny!


You know I had to include the token tootsies in the flowers. After all, I had just had a fresh pedi! About this time, we all realize right smack in the middle of this patch is also an ant hill!

23 comments:

Cecily R said...

I am in love with that first shot. I love, LOVE pictures of kids' backs...so adorable.

I have so many fond memories of Texas Blue Bonnets from when I was a kid. Your pictures are beautiful!!

Chris said...

I'm with Cecily, I love shots of kids form the back. Your shot is beautiful. And it's okay to call M&M's bribes -- we all do it.

Chris said...

Of course, I meant "from" the back.
I are not very smart at grammar.

Susie said...

ants in your toes! bawwww that's awesome and I love the nailpolish-very nice pedicure.
that first picture is purely professional. AWESOME! I am so jealous of your camera skills-honestly have no idea how you did it.
The flowers are really pretty too--oh and MnMs are the best reward at our house too!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Fabulous photos! I love the bunny one!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That bunny shot is frame worthy for Livi's room. FOR REAL.

And have I ever told you, that you should be a foot model? Tis true. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures-I love the one of your kids from the back Your house looks great too (from previous posts). I'm originally from Frankfort but living in Miami missing Kentucky! Your blog gave me a taste:-)

Supercool Hotmama said...

So nice to find some close to home! Love the shot of the walk there!

Sharon said...

Love the feet! I don't know why, but I love feet shots. It's great with the flowers.

tiarastantrums said...

gorgeous trek - lov ethe bunny shot!

Corey~living and loving said...

what we won't do for a good shot. :)
love the feet shot. :)
happy PSF!

Monogram Queen said...

LOVE the blue bonnet shots.
You have "bunny" we have "blankie". Kids & their security items!
I am going to get one more pedi I think...

The Apron Queen said...

Love the toes in the blue bonnets! Can't wait for them again! I live in TX. Have tried growing them from seed w/o luck.

My post is There's a snake on my foot!

Storytellin' Mama said...

What a fabulous moment captured!!

Unknown said...

Love that Bunny got her pic taken too...SO sweet!!!

Desert Diva said...

I love them all - the bluebonnets are wonderful! Have a great weekend!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I dislike ants (trying to use the word 'hate' less these days) very much!! Love the pedi! I think the black and white photo should be entered in a contest!!!

We always try to get some photos of bluebonnet fields when we visit my fam in Texas. Love it!

~melody~

Janet said...

love that bunny shot!!!

Susan said...

Those flowers are beautiful and so are your shots. I'm sure the ant hill was unpleasant though.

Shellie said...

I loved those shots, and the flowers are beautiful. The toes offset them nicely.

Anonymous said...

I love your toes - are they still bright red??

Oh livi, bunny and her thumb. She needs a little object permanence that child. She'll out grow it when she is able to internalize the stability in her life. Promise.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

My absolute favorite is the first.... black n white and walking away kids two of my favorites!
Those pesky ants!

Unknown said...

I love that shot of bunny in the bluebonnets!

I think I've used that same shade of polish- is it OPI?