Monday, September 08, 2008

Manic Monday and a Salad nicoise sandwich


Salad nicoise sandwich, originally uploaded by tommiea1.


Manic Monday brought to us by the talented Fleur-de-Lisa.


If you could choose only two movies to watch ever again, what would they be? When Harry Met Sally and Princess Bride....love love love both of those

What have you found to be the best way to relieve tension? Since I try to keep this blog G rated..............a good massage.

If you went to a beach and it turned out to be a nude beach, would you stay and go swimming? Would you swim nude? ooohh good question. I would have to say who's there? Friends? Is there alcohol involved? Is is secluded? Way too many questions for this one to just be yes or no.

Well, as for Muffin Monday, it just didn't happen today. But since my dear friend Claudia of On A Limb had mercy on my non-vegetable garden soul.....sending me a package of a variety of tomatoes, I did get to have this for lunch. Isn't it pretty? A little salad nicoise sandwich
I pulled the recipe out to type it up...but misplaced it! I'll add it when I find it. It is basically tuna, green beans, the baby tomatoes, lemon juice and a slash of olive oil, with butter lettuce on a ciabatta bread.
Here is a link to the recipe : It is from Real Simple.

19 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Very yummy looking photo!

A bloggy award has been given to you! Check my blog for details!

Janet said...

Yummy! Looks delicious :-)

Desert Diva said...

I try to keep my blog "G-rated" too! ;-)

The sandwich looks delicious! That's a great looking foodie photo!

Laski said...

"When Harry Met Sally"

I'd watch it while eating that sandwich . . .

And be very happy . . .

Joanna said...

MLT "when the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is so perky"

Yummy on the sandwich!

Like the new look. ;)

megz_mum said...

Beautiful new blog background! And the sandwich looks scrummy too!

Little Town Big Life said...

Wow girl! I leave for just a day or two, come back and you have redesigned your blog page! It's goreeegous!!!

Did you do it yourself--have it done? If you did it yourself, please share with me! I would LOVE to have a new look!

The sandwich looks yummo!

Anonymous said...

hey ... love the new look! Fitting with all the changes in your home!
Good . . I'm glad no muffin monday .. NO MUFFINS FOR THE NEIGHBORS! If we can't have them .. nor can they!!! :)

J said...

I wish I could eat that sandwich right now. It looks so yummy!

tavolini said...

wow, the bread on that sandwich looks insane!

Those are two of my favorite movies as well, but I have to include Endless Summer (love the dry humor)

I love the new layout and the colors--looks great!

k e r r y said...

That sandwhich looks too good and now I am hungry - let's see if I can whip up something as tasty...

Monogram Queen said...

That sounds very good tommie!

I could watch Driving Miss Daisy over and over again... and The Godfather but i'd rather read a good book!

KatBliss said...

Thanks for making me super-duper hungry! :) Love the new background!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love (LOVE) the new blog design.


LOVE. IT.

ALMOST as much as that artwork of a sandwich you made. YUM-O.

Anonymous said...

Now really, how can you keep it G rated when your the ACTIONS! :)

The sandwich is lovely - did you like the roma cherries? I will definitely grow those and the (ahem) Cherokee black again! :)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Your blog is so pretty ... I forgot to mention that before. :-)

ROTFL about the nude beach. It would have to be seriously DARK, be alone with my hubby and have a couple glasses of wine. LOL Would be fun! ;-)

~melody~

Wendy said...

Love your new layout!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha...G rated blog!!!! :)
i am coming here after "some" time...and the new look of the blog is so similar to this brown and blue bed comforter my friend has in her bedroom........it's beautiful. and thank you for sharing the recipe ..i am yet to check it out though....(i am a cat when it comes to tuna....i luvvvvvvvvvvv tuna sandwiches)

Unknown said...

That sandwich looks delicious. When Harry Met Sally is one of my top favorite movies, I watch it every New Years Eve for some reason. Your sandwich made me think of the 'I'll have what she's having' scene in that movie. ;-)