Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
2. Your significant other? Husband
3. Your hair? newly cut and colored
4. Your daughter? talkative
5. Your son? methodical
6. Your favorite thing? right now it those cute red sandals I bought last week
7. Your dream last night? I don't remember
8. Your favorite drink? diet DP or white wine, do I really have to choose
9. Your goal? peacefulness
10. The room you’re in? living room
11. Your church? the kids' preschool is at a church
12. Your fear? Something happening to one of the kids
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? HAPPY
14. Where were you last night? home
15. What you’re not? messy
16. Muffins? Monday
17. One of your wish list items? not much really
18. Where you grew up? podunk Oklahoma
19. The last thing you did? put the kids to bed
20. What are you wearing? jammies
21. Your TV? playing DVRd 90210
22. Your pets? Josie, the tooting French Bulldog
23. Your computer? laptop
24. Your life? is pretty much an open book
25. Your mood? relaxed
26. Missing someone? friends from various places we have lived
27. Your car? Volvo XC70
28. Something you’re not wearing? socks
29. Favorite store? Gap
30. Your summer? coming up pretty soon
31. Like(love) someone? yes
32. Your favorite color? cranberry red
33. Last time you laughed? today
34. Last time you cried? last time I was a "woman"
Monday, April 27, 2009
Tell me about the worst date you ever went on.: I had been teaching for a couple of years. There was this super cute student teacher. We did the standard first date: dinner and a movie. When he picked me up in this car that looked like its next stop should be the scrap yard...I really tried not to judge. He was just finishing up school. He walked around to open the door, kind of impressed. He was a coach, didn't seem like the type! Once he got in on his side, he said, "That door is a wee bit loose." uumm, excuse me...what do you mean loose, define loose. I kid you not, after the dinner on the way to the movie, the freaking door fell OFF! Now that I look back at it, it just sounds funny.
Do you think the age for a driver's license should be raised (currently 16 here in the U.S.)? Since mine are more than 10 years from the age, I really have no opinion. Granted most of my friends did get in wrecks within a few months of getting their permit.
future driver in 2019
future driver in 2020
pics randomly found on my Iphone from recently....the kids love taking pictures of themselves.
Friday, April 24, 2009
2. Soccer on a sunny day is the best.
3. 2009 has had WAY TOO MUCH winter so far.
4. Moment I got sentimental.....Will's kindergarten registration this morning that was it.
5. For too long I've been waiting for spring.
6. I am not obsessed with my Iphone; I am not!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Will's soccer game, tomorrow my plans include more soccer and Sunday, I want to surf Etsy for some fun stuff....bet you thought I was going to say sleep in!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
A - Age: 40
B - Bed size: Queen, not nearly big enough when one kid or the other climbs in
C - Chore you hate: cleaning the shower
D - Dog's name: Josie
E - Essential start your day item: coffee with lots of creamer
F - Favorite color: cranberry red
G - Gold or Silver: platinum
H - Height: about 5'3"
I - Instruments you play(ed): clarinet
J - Job Title: domestic diva
K - Kid(s): 2 - Will and Livi
L - Last movie seen: Twilight
M - Mom's name: Ramona
N - Nicknames: tommie
O - Overnight hospital stay other than childbirth (if applicable): jaw surgery way back when
Q - Quote from a movie: "Son, you got a panty on your head"
R - Right or Left Handed: Right
S - Scared of: the kids getting run over in a parking lot. I still make them hold my hand.
T - Time you wake up: 7 or when the kids wake up
U - Under the water or Up in the air:..under the water.
W - Ways you run late: I rarely run late...but not setting the alarm would be a reason
X - X-rays you've had: do dental ones count?
Y - Yummy food you make: I can make some mean muffins.
not sure where Z went!!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Describe to me your favorite lounging clothes. Believe it or not, the t-shirt pajama pants from Old Navy are super soft. They are too long for me, of course. So I usually just cut them off. They just roll up a bit and do not fray. Now, the flannel ones I do have to hem...
PS, you know it has been a good weekend, when most of the laundry on Monday morning is pajamas and outside play clothes! Let's just say, it was a good Monday today!
If you promised to never lie again in your lifetime, in what area would it be hardest to uphold the promise? I am a people pleaser, so this is a hard one. Probably along the lines of making an excuse to do something that I really don't have to do.
Give a one word answer to the question “why is life worth living”. Absolutely easy peasy one....one of the happiest days of my life: Husband coming home from his deployment
Friday, April 17, 2009
2. Put a little sunshine and happiness in your day!
3. Happiness is seeing tulips along the walk around the neighborhood.
4. Dressing in her brother's swim suits and confused is how Livi dressed while we were washing my car this afternoon.
5. I'm waiting for spring to stay.
6. A glass of wine is hard to resist.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to veggie pizza with the family , tomorrow my plans include haircuts for the boys, yardwork, and just being outside in this gorgeous weather and Sunday, I want to sleep in & make some crab cakes!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
But this afternoon, the mini M&Ms were used in a sorting activitiy. Using the animal characters from one of my favorite children's books: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Yeah, yeah...still making them work for those itty bitty pieces of chocolate.
Page printed from : Making Learning Fun
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
WHAT I’M READING: the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2009.
WHAT I’M WATCHING: nothing, listening to the kids watching a Care Bear movie
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO: podcasts of the ..Bobby Bones show out of Austin
WHAT I’M WEARING: chinos and a springy top...though it is only 50 degrees! I am really Jonesing for some spring weather
WHAT I’M EATING: snacking on popcorn
WHAT I’M ENJOYING: these adorable Miss Trish of Capri starfish sandals ...they are a true cranberry red. I guess I better get a pedicure soon! (pic taken with my handy dandy Iphone)
WHAT I’M SNIFFING: airpopped popcorn with butter and salt.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Do you recycle? We switched to our own grocery bags last year. Why or why not? I had way too many of those plastic sacks. I can only line so many trash cans. We don't do anything else primarily because our trash service doesn't offer it. I don't think I have even seen any of the drop off sites in town either.
Would you rather be a pirate or a prince/princess? Princess all the way! I already would have the best teacher. These pics are from her fourth birthday party We do have a Princess Primer
Are you into astrology? Not really, I know I am a Cancer...and I can be really crabby! But other than that, not at all. If yes, how does it affect your life?
Friday, April 10, 2009
1. Anonymous...this is totally a G rated blog, but if it were something other than that, it would say something along the lines of grow some _____(fill in the blank with your choice of words) and say what you have to say under your own name.
2. Livi is a cheeseball....Liv and Grandma during Spring Break a couple of weeks ago.
3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity huh?? reminds me of a DrDrew quote I saw recently: "If you are going through hell, keep going". ~ Sir Winston Churchill
4. Flowers and green, anything green what I look forward to most about Spring. ps, this shot so reminds me of spring here in KY....kind of like a tease, one day we have gorgeous 70 degree weather, the next day snow. No lie, that happened last week. It is like spring is not quite sure she is ready to come into focus.
5. Who needs therapy when you have a blog.
6. Paper grass, chocolate bunnies, and Dove chocolate eggs MUST go into the Easter Basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Will's soccer game and pizza (game was cancelled though, tomorrow my plans include making chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for a dinner at friends and Sunday, I want to take a wild honkin' guess!
Friday, April 03, 2009
1. Angel or not, I will take care of myself and my own first and foremost.
2. Bend me, shape me any way you want me. (what is this?? gumby??)
3. As my mother used to say, you're full of it.
4. Sweaty and thirsty after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous.
5. Even in the most crowded of rooms I can find someone to talk to or at least have a drink with.....
6. Usually Tuesdays....Mondays are busy...Tuesdays are busy, so by the evening, I am so ready for a mellow Wednesday... is a day fraught with peril.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to starting out on this road to go home, tomorrow my plans include making a menu and list to go grocery shopping and Sunday, I want to sleep in!