Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wild card Wednesday...W....Will is in kickety kickball.....shoes....will be back next week

The Kept Woman wanted to see our shoes.....but needs another week. So no shoes for now....but
Will had his first kickety kickball game tonight at 6:45. I didn't really want to go that late. But at least I knew they would be tired. I wouldn't have to deal with them coming out of their rooms fifty times.
I thought their colors were blue...I went to pick up his shirt this afternoon and it is grey and black. Black??? I don't have black shorts. So I head to Walmart next. They don't have any 4T shorts, so I go over to the big boy section. Score....there were one pair of 4/5 XS black shorts.
After dinner I get the water bottles packed....It was over 100 degrees today, so I pack two for everybody. I put his kickety kick ball shirt on him, he got really upset when I showed him his shirt with a big number three in the back. "But, Mom, I am FOUR years old now!" Oh dude, how do I get past this one.....Pulling it straight out of the air I told him that he got to kick third at the game. He accepted that....I hope he forgets by the time we get there!! Then I got his new XS black shorts on him.....it took me back to my teaching days. His shorts are just a tad too big and they are dragging past his knees. I found a safety pin. I pinned it up and just hoped he didn't go digging back there and make it pop open. What can we do the game starts in 15 minutes.
I load up the car....
sunscreen....check
water....check
kid in shirt and right color shorts.....check
We get to the field with five minutes to spare. Okay....lots of grey and black shirts running around....no other kids. The other teams' coach quit this week and no one bothered to tell us. It was a good thing since the one thing every good momma needs, I forgot.
Camera.....at home.
Oh well, we practiced kicking the ball and running bases. They did so much better than they did the first time.
Watch out Bumblebees.....the Mosquitoes are ready!


4 comments:

Sisters with Style said...

My kids have really small waists and no butts. So the safety pin trick works well when there aren't cinchable waists.

Monogram Queen said...

The coach quit and no one told you? Oh boy that doesn't bode well. Glad you got the shorts situation sorted out. My little one is going on 3 and still wears 24 mos. and sometimes they still slide down LOL Skinny lil' kiddos!

KatBliss said...

Bumblebees and mosquitos. So cute. Can't wait to see pics from the first (or the second official)kickity ball game! Go Will score 3rd. :)

tommie said...

sisters-the safety pin held up well.

patti- the other teams coach quit....kind of sad!

katbliss-I know I will remember to take the camera next time!