Thursday, August 23, 2007

Beach here we come....


I had just a few things to finish up today...It took a few bribes of cookies at HEB, but we got them done.



extra sunscreen: check
cash-check

new movie to entertain them for the first two hours: check

bags packed: check

list made for grocery store: check

note for last minute things made: check

----pack bathroom stuff

----pack sleep music

----pack Will's baby he sleeps with


We are ready to go....This is the first time I have taken the kids on a vacation since Mike has been gone. We are only going a few hours to the beach. I am really trying not to stress out and not just relax!


We get back Monday late afternoon. Both kids start preschool on Tuesday AM. That is making me get all misty-eyed...so I just want to enjoy this weekend. I really wish Mike were home to go with us. Again, one of the many things he has missed this year.


Love you husband...hurry home.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have a great time!

tulipmom said...

Just wanted to wish you safe travels and a fun weekend!

HEB?

tommie said...

HEB is a grocery store here....a fairly nice one with a phenomenal bakery in it. Livi calls it "Itchy B". I guess that is what it sounds like when I say it. So we still call it the Itchy B.

sandra said...

Have a great time and stay safe!!

Desert Diva said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip to the beach!

KatBliss said...

Hope you're having the time of your life at the beach!

Anonymous said...

I hope ou are having a blast!

Wendy said...

Looks like we will start school together. Jayke goes Tuesday morning too! I'm excited about it though. I'm sure I will be ready for him to come home at noon when it is over.

MilkMaid said...

Itchy B...ahahhahaaha, that's priceless. MilkMan's called a few of their store managers Itchy B's before. Hope you had a good weekend!

tulipmom said...

Hope your kids have a great first day tomorrow!