Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thursday 13....number eleven.....things I have done to the house since husband delployed




1. Planted all the containers, hanging basket, and flower beds.


2. Killed one container of flowers (we had way too much rain for about two months...so I accept part of that blame only)


3. Hung a rack system in the garage to get a bunch of stuff off the floor.


4. Hung the gates on the wall below the bar.


5. Hung this Southern Living at Home arch (it comes in four pieces!!)


6. Put together the organizing cubbies in the kids' closets.


7. Put up the Christmas tree...the thing weighs a ton.


8. Carried the bikes to the attic.


9. Finished decorating the mantle.


10. Manage to start his car and drive it around the block every so often.



11. Organize the art stuff in the office.

12. Finish putting our clothes on wooden hangers in our closet.

13. No, I DIDN'T sell the house.....though I have heard of that happening!

It has been ten months as of today that Mike has been deployed. I have many ups and downs. Now I am kind of mopey so I had to remind myself of all that I have done and can do. We only have five more months of this. He should be home around Christmas time 2007! This deployment has shown me that I am as stronger than I even know. It is empowering to know I can do all these things, but I like my cushy little life and want my husband back! Trust me, there is no way I will be picking up a hammer and nails once he gets back...Back onto the honey-do list those things will go!!
So hurry home, husband, I'll start your list in December.



14 comments:

nene P said...

So proud of all you honey do's that you did! You go girlie...
Have a great week! Cute, cute pic of those babies.

lisagh said...

It's great that he'll be coming home soon, but how great that you are so strong and can do all that stuff yourself as well! You are an inspiration to me who's going through a similar separation for the first time! Thank you.

Emmyrose said...

a nice way of keeping you busy :) stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Wow, would you like to come help me here at my house?

Happy TT!

Monogram Queen said...

You put up you're Christmas Tree?... already?...

tommie said...

queenie- thanks!

lisagh- You can do this too....!

emmyrose- I will try.

mammalee-only if you babysit.

patticake- LOL...No...I did in Dec. He left Oct 06, so that was one of the first things I did that he usually does.

Suprina said...

What a awesome great list.
I too am a uprooted Sooner. I married a Army solider who is now retired. I so know what you are going through. My husband retired at the ripe all age of 40. (just late last year)
He was GONE just about half of our married life together. I am amazed that we actually have 4 kids.
Hang in There. I am so Proud of BOTH of you!
It takes a strong woman to be a miltiary wife!
Great T13!

Janet said...

It's good to know that you can function on your own!

I LOVE that arch!

thanks for visiting!

Wendy said...

You have been busy! My Honey Do lists never get taken care of. Good thing I know how to use power tools or nothing would ever get done around here!

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool arch! Sounds like you've been a busy girl.

Marina said...

Wow--you sure have accomplished a lot! Enjoy your husband (and his handiness) as soon as he comes home!

Gina said...

Busy girl! I love those gates on the wall!

tulipmom said...

I am so impressed with your handiness. You're an inspiration ... really.

k e r r y said...

You are better and more motivated than I could ever be!