Monday, August 13, 2007

Do you see what I see??


Do you see what I see??, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Dora?? No...


Cool Mom car....Well, it is, but not what I am talking about.


Yes, BOTH players playing the same movie!! Whew hoo!! I had to take the second set of DVD players back. This one wasn't on sale anymore, but they let me have it at an even exchange. I put the thing together in the car to make sure it worked.

Now I can focus on getting ready for the rest of what I need to do to get ready to go to the beach. I seriously felt a huge relief lifted off my shoulders. We have never traveled without the kids having movies in the back. I am a wimp, I don't think I could do a several hour drive without movies.

It is a happy Monday!!

8 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I've vowed not to be one of "those" Mom's with a portable DVD player in the car... we'll see just exactly how long I last when we take our first trip over 2 hours. Yah right.
Glad you got it working!

tommie said...

We have moved every summer (except this one) for the last three years....from OKlahoma to California, to Kansas, then to Texas....those all day drives REQUIRE a movie!

Ashlee and Carey said...

I can't imagine a big road trip without it! We use it when we pick up the neice and nephews from OKC!!!! I will be that mom who goes no where without one!!!! Glad you got it all worked out!

Head Hen said...

YEA! What a technical relief! I am completely with you on the movies during long trips.

I even have a DVD-R (yes, I was one of those who RUSHED out and bought them when they came out for way way way more than they sell for now) and I set it up (with my TiVo) to record favorites for the kids. Some days they are all about one show and another day all about a different one.

I try very hard not to let my children watch commercials but they still identify with the characters--especially Disney.

Wendy said...

I've got the built in kind in my car but The Boy doesn't really watch it much. He prefers to watch the scenerey even on long trips. Congrats for getting them working though!

Gina said...

Good for you! And your sanity! Thank you so much for the sweet nomination! : )

Anonymous said...

Man if they had those when my girls were little we would've had them in a heartbeat.

It's probably good that we didn't as they are great travelers now...but still...

Monica said...

You know what? If it saves your sanity and keeps them quiet for a while, it's worth it. I wish I had had that as a kid...of course we weren't always seatbelted in so that made it a little more fun, ;-)