Monday, August 06, 2007

First Joke ....Knock Knock.....

Tonight as we were finishing up dinner, we always say one thing that was our favorite from that day.
Will: I have a new favorite. "Knock knock..."
Will: Mom, you are supposed to say, 'Who's there?' <---said like I was crazy that I didn't know I was supposed to say that.
Me: Who's there?
Will: Orange
Me: (Sadly enough to this Boomer Sooner, it has always been his favorite color!) Orange who?
Will: Orange you please let me in!
His bright blue eyes just lit up as he literally grabbed his belly from laughing so hard. I was laughing just as hard because it was the first time he has ever told a joke. It was even kind of funny in a four year old kind of way! Then because we all laughed, he had to tell it several more times! He tried to teach Livi how to do it, but she didn't get it. After he told the orange knock knock, he thought it would be even funnier if he used all the colors, so he told the same one using yellow! Silly boy......for being so serious all the time he is really starting to be a comedian.

For example, while at the Sprinkle Park this weekend, I usually just take pics as they are running around. He noticed I was taking pics and he said, "Take one of me dancing!' uuughhh, okay. So he busting out some moves that reminded me of Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally when he is doing the "white man overbite". He had some bizarre facial expressions that was making EVERYONE laugh. Livi saw him getting some laughs, so she joined in.


They did this for quite some time since everyone was laughing. It was like the more the people laughed, the more they did it. Yes, I think the Mike in him is starting to show through more and more every day! Oh wait that didn't sound right.....Mike doesn't dance like that....but he is goofy as ever making us laugh ever day.
***Edited to add: Livi must have been thinking of a joke since dinner. When I put her to bed she told me, " I have a special diamond for you." I said, "You do...(thinking she was going to point to my wedding ring or something.)...But she said, "Diamond cheese."
The only reason this is funny, is because we are HUGE fans of Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese. Whenever we get it, we ration it out like it is little white nuggets of gold. If the kids see the black wax wrapper in the cheese drawer, they will always ask for 'diamond cheese'.
After she told her 'diamond cheese' joke, she said, "I am such a silly little girl." Yes, you are little girl!

8 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

awww...so cute!

nene P said...

Those two babies are the cutest things. How fun to snuggle into bed. Got to love any kid that likes orange!!

CarrieB said...

Your children are beautiful! My goodness how Will looks like his Dad!

Wendy said...

We hear the Orange Knock Knock joke at our house all the time too. Very cute!

Monogram Queen said...

I don't know how i'm always late posting now but I am...
the kids are adorable and so funny!

Monica said...

I love kiddie jokes...too cute.

Sisters with Style said...

That is so funny but true about what you said about the color orange. Each of my kids know that orange is not a color worn in our house. However, I must admit I like the color melon orange during the summer.

Anonymous said...

Way too cute!