Thursday, August 16, 2007

Please tell me when things get easy....


I had to take my car into the dealer today to have that wire fixed.....the one that Will cut. They had told me that it would be more than a day....sooo....I had specifically told them when I made the appointment, "I will need a loaner car that two car seats can fit in!"

I get to the Volvo dealer and they call someone from Enterprise to bring a car. ....



Wait....Enterprise???? Not to sound like a spoiled little stay at home mom....but I have been driving my cool mom-mobile for almost a year. You expect me to drive this uuhhmmmm little plastic car that sounds like a windup toy with a tick-tock clock turn signal???




I thought I would get like the XC90 or an S80....something to entice me into wanting another new car.....oh no....I get the windup car.




So after switching out the carseats.....I try to hook up her DVD player. It is a good 45 minute drive home. You have GOT to be kidding me....their freaking cigarette lighter is plugged and I can't play her a movie....!!! So we head back home. Only to get called at 3:30....the car is ready.




Again, go to the dealer....oh no...you have got to be kidding me....I have to take the freaking wind up car back to Enterprise (which was right by the gas station I had to top the gas tank off at!!!) ....okay, circle back around on backed up I-35....back to the Volvo dealer.




Finally get the car seats switched.....I look under the seat to see the wire....Take a deep breath I tell myself. It is taped up with electrical tape. At this point in my life, I am so honked I can't even think straight. I head home and will deal with this tomorrow. I am so disappointed with this Volvo dealership right now. I was so ready to cry....but I try not to cry in front of the kids. If I can't handle my emotions, how can I expect them to??




Now remind me, after ten and a half months of deployment, shouldn't the days be getting easier???
edited to add: I talked to the technician at the dealership first thing this morning.....they soldered the wire together, then wrapped it with 'heat tape'.....this is the standard to the Volvo warranty. If I want the wire replaced, I will have to pay for it. I sat Will in the seat. He only weighs 36 pounds. The airbag won't deploy if someone less than 40 pounds is sitting in the seat. The little light did come on that said "air bag off"...so it was fixed. The entire experience was awful. I haven't gotten to talk to the service manager yet.
I guess I should be thankful I get to drive my cushy mom car....and forget about it. There is another Volvo dealer a bit farther. It is the one we actually bought the car from. I wonder if the service is any better there?? Who knows??

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Um...for the prices that dealerships charge...wait, just how much did you get charged?

Call tomorrow, and if its worth your while, have the wire REPLACED. Also try to get a refund if it was money out of your pocket.

tommie said...

I didn't get charged anything....even the price of the windup car from Enterprise....oh wait, I did have to pay $8.00 to top off the car for the drive home and back to the car place. It is less than a year old, so it is still under warranty.

lisagh said...

You should definitely call the manager of the dealership and tell him you were disappointed and surprised they didn't offer you a car equal to or greater than your own!

Libby said...

Oh,Tommie, you poor thing, that's so, SO maddening! Sending a huge hug down to Texas for you (and a nice strong cocktail to go along with it!)

Monogram Queen said...

I would definitely be calling somebody today and good for you for keeping your emotions in check in front of the kiddos. That is something I definitely have to work on!

Gina said...

Oh I can relate. I love your sign at the top of the post!

Wendy said...

That is horrible customer service! I would be talking to someone for sure about that. They should have told you when you got there that it wouldn't take that long. I had something similare happen with my new car but not to this extent. Bad, bad, bad!

Monica said...

I'm sorry...I would have been beyond ticked.

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry. That really stinks. Seriously, electrical tape? And it took the day to do it? I'd be complaining LOUDLY to the service manager.

Good for you for not crying, I suspect I would have.

Pamela said...

I would have cried!! Sorry to hear about your bad experience.