Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First day of preschool


I can't believe both of my babies are in preschool. Before we left, we had to do silly pics for Daddy. It has become the favorite since he deployed almost 11 months ago!

What has happened to the time...wearing one baby in a Baby Bjorn and pushing the other in a stroller....snuggling on the couch with one at my feet while nursing the other.


As we were coming over the little hill to their school, she hollers out..."My school!".....just last week, she would say, "Bubba's school!" I had no doubt she would love it. She has been looking forward to going every since she did her visitation.



Will was so ready to see his friends that didn't go to any of the summer "camps".....<--what the summer sessions were called. Livi walked in like she ran the place. I had to ask their teacher a question, but could barely get a word in because she was pushing me out the door. She kept saying, "Bye Mom, it is time for me to be a big girl. I'll see you later!" She is literally shoving me out the door and closing it!


I got out to the car ready to go do some adult-alone-time things. And to my own shock, my tears started to fall! I couldn't believe it!! What was happening to me!? I don't do this?! I celebrate my freedom! I have longed for four hours to do whatever my little heart desires. To do whatever I wanted....go to Target and not have to bribe a child for "just a few more minutes." To go to lunch with the girls without having to pack a snack box.



Will I ever stop calling them my babies? I doubt it! But, they today they are officially preschoolers! As I pulled out of the parking lot, I wondered how many other moms were going through the same thing. I couldn't cry too much because I get big puffy eyes and I had to go to aerobics.


When I went to get them, both ran to the door and gave me the biggest hug....like I had been gone for four days rather than four hours! Livi loved every moment, she didn't have any potty accidents either! She came home and napped for almost three hours! This is the same little girl who hasn't napped in about a month.

I realized at that moment, life's moving forward, we are growing up and it's all good. This was a moment that I don't want to forget! I wish Mike were here to see it, so photos will have to do for now.



As soon as we got out to the car, she immediately asked for bunny. Last year she reminded me to take Will chocolate milk every day when we went to pick him up. As we were walking in she said, "Now remember you have to bring us our milk....okay?? Don't forget!" She is such the mom!

14 comments:

k e r r y said...

Your kids are too darn cute!!

nene P said...

You will never stop calling them your babies. My babies are 25 and 23. I remember those days and they are precious. Keep taking pics and you will use them one day in a wedding video then cry all over again. Life is good isn't it?

tulipmom said...

What a big girl!
I would have cried too.
With all my worrying and everything, can you believe I forgot to take "first day of school" pictures yesterday?!

tommie said...

kerry-thanks! I kind of think so as well.

queeniep-as good as it can be with hubby away

tulipmom-the ones i took are not great. I even tried to do more when I picked them up...but both were way too excited!

Wendy said...

I think we were the same person today! Mine was more than ready to go, I went to Target while he was in school, and he took a nap today for the first time in a long time. Jayke had his chocolate milk in the car on the way to school though then again when we got home.

Very cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Awwwwww mom!!!! Congrats and condolences...I know I'm going to be bawling next week.

Janet said...

Love your story :-)

Monogram Queen said...

Awww it is so bittersweet!

Sisters with Style said...

So glad to hear that the 1st day was a success. Patti Cake said it best, it is so bittersweet that our kids get bigger. I have been dealing with this same situation here.

Unknown said...

Tell Livi I said thanks for the idea about the milk. Im having no problems getting Ty to school, but getting him out is another story. I was thinking of bringing his favorite stuffed animal, but he is also a milk addict, so this might be a good idea. Thanks Livi.

You are so lucky, SO lucky to have them both in school. I have 2 more years until Wade starts pre school. Then again, I bet that it was hard on you to have two infants at once. Geez.

tommie said...

jessie-They are only 16 months apart! I was quite shocked when I got pregnant so quickly. Now that they are almost 3 and 4, it is easier. Those first couple of years were rough.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Too cute! Now don't forget the milk....hehe I liked that

Desert Diva said...

These are such special times and you are so brave to share them without your husband by your side.

However, it seems you take lots of photos and I'm sure you keep your husband updated as much as possible. I wish him safety and may the time pass quickly until he's once more reunited with you all.

Joanne said...

Awwww. I've read several starting school stories and all have brought tears to my eyes thinking about when my 1 year old gets to that point. You made it through! Congrats to you and them.