Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thursday 13....number twelve.....things I have do every night before going to bed


Thirteen things I do before going to bed every night....Yes, it is Flylady. Yes, I have it written down in my "control journal"....otherwise known as my brain.

1. Pick up anything left out in the living room. The kids actually do this one now.

2. Make my sink shiny....wipe it out with Windex.

3. Run dishwasher.

4. Prep coffee pot for exactly two cups of coffee.

5. Figure out what we are having for dinner the next day. Thaw meat in fridge if necessary.

6. Pack Will's lunch. Put the entire packed lunchbox into the fridge. Make sure the freezer thingy to keep it cool is back in the freezer.

7. Check calendar for next day's activities.

8. Pack diaper bag, put it in the car.

9. Set table for breakfast...put out what I non-perishables I can.

10. Lay out clothes, shoes, and accessories for the next day in the bathroom. (the kids do this now as well)

11. Make sure cell phone is charged. (I don't have a car charger!!)

12. Make sure I took vitamins for the day.

13. Brush teeth and wash face.

Yes, it seems like a lot....but I know I MUST do this in order to get out the door on time in the morning. My lists are all about making my chaotic life easier.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


20 comments:

Lori said...

It seems a mothers job is never done...I can so relate:)

Suprina said...

That list could be my list of things I do at night....

Great List!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

So, when do you have time to actually sleep? LOL.

Sandee said...

I'm tired just reading this. I am so glad I'm retired. I do remember all this pre-planning to get everything done and out the door on time, then something often went wrong. Have a great TT. :)

Eimi said...

WHOA! Enough dishes to run the dishwasher every nite is lots!! But with kids and all I bet that happens. And all that cleaning and preparing-- I am impressed!

Anne D said...

And husbands wonder why we never come 'straight' to bed...

Ruthie said...

Great List! ;-) Happy TT'ing http://www.incogblogo.net/

Andi said...

I try the Fly Lady sometimes. It seems like you are getting very organized. :-)

Sparky Duck said...

except for the windex in the sink, that all sounds pretty darned normal.

Anonymous said...

Great list, and great idea for a list!

Happy TT!

Wendy said...

Wow! Can you come to my house and get us prepared for the next day every night? I try to be organized but it never really happens.

I finally got my "Nice Matters" post up this morning. Sorry it took me so long and thanks again!

Monogram Queen said...

I really should do something like this, I imagine it would cut down on the morning stress muchly!

Pamela said...

Lists keep me sane too! Happy Thursday! :)

Natalie said...

I'm a FlyBaby too! Having a routine makes everything go more smoothly, doesn't it?

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so dang awesome. I like how you pack your diaper bag before, that is pretty smart! I like to get a lot done before sleep, too! But don't you make sure to go potty before bed as well ; ) j/k!

Brooke (CrazyRN) said...

I'm a fly-junkie too! I've even taught my kids and hubby how to "shine the sink" when it's their kitchen night!

It seems like alot, but if we would track everything we did in a day's time we'd be amazed at what us Mommy's all do!

And if you're like me, if you don't do a certain listed task you can't sleep until it's done. I've even been known to repeat the list again just to make sure my things are done. Yes, I'm a bit OCD just like my hubby. Our kids don't have a chance! LOL!

tommie said...

Thanks for all the comments....I do most of these things because if I didn't, they wouldn't get done. With a deployed hubby, it all falls on me. I dont' know how single parents do it. This last year has been very hard. Without my lists, I seriously would be lost.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by ... I am one an administrator but I do think I still have a spine. :-)

Anonymous said...

I really need to get back to the flylady thing.

*bows to you*

Emmyrose said...

Very busy mom :)

Thanks for stopping by. God bless!