Thursday, August 09, 2007

An email I just sent my husband......

How can a mom be angry with an adorable face like that....well let me tell you......

Let me just say I am so glad it is 9PM and the kids are finally both asleep. I hate to be crabby but.....

Starting at 5AM, Will crawled into bed and wiggled around until my alarm went off at 6:15. By then my meds have worn off and my head/throat/body are killing me.....I am also having my monthly visit with Flo, so I am cramping as well. ***I am having some sinus/allergy issues this week!***

While I am getting ready to get IN the shower Livi walks in....nice. Now I won't even get to get a shower and get ready without being a referee for them.

I drop Will off at school and he didn't want to stay today. A new kid is going there and cries for his dad for about an hour every day. So Will sees this and decides to start acting up as well.

I come home to wait on the repairman to fix the French doors in the office and the front door. He is supposed to be here at 9:30.....by 11 he still isn't here. I call him and he said he thought he said Thur OR Friday. I really need to go to the commissary but there is no time now since Livi is already crabby and needing to lay down.

Livi does take a nap....whew hoo!

I go pick up Will and he is in time out near the fence. His teacher told me he used a tricycle to climb on the little roof covering the tricycles, then climbed from there to the roof of the playhouse! **Later on when I was putting him in bed, I was telling him he should play in the sandbox or IN the house. He said he couldn't play in the sandbox. When I asked him why he said he was swinging the shovel and fighting with them. So he must have gotten a time out for that, then set down by the fence after climbing on the roof. Also I got there 5 minutes after the kids lined up for gymnastics and he is NOT doing gymnastics anymore, so he was MAD he didn't' get to go with them. The other kids go out to the playground and this is when he got in two timeouts.

The adapter on the DVD player needs a new fuse. I bought an adapter at Best Buy but could never could get that adapter to work on it. So I bought the $149 dual one at Target. I got it home and hooked up. It doesn't work! It looked like it had been taken out of the box already. So I loaded up the kids, we took it back. **These are the portable ones for the car.**

They were sold out of those, so they gave me the 9 inch ones that can play either the same DVD or separately for $199....fifty dollars off the sale price. I get those home, and they don't work.

Now I am wondering if it is just my car....I wondered if a fuse is blown. I put the dvd players in my husband's car and they work fine. So now I get the manual to try to find out how to replace the fuse. I can't even find on the car where the fuse box is.....btw, there are three places where fuses are on the car.

As much as I hate to do it, I look around the neighborhood for a man....I actually hollered out, "I need a man!!" it is about 6PM now, Neighbor K and her husband...on vacation.....Neighbor J, still in Maine and her husband is deployed.....new guy across the street...(btw they lived in our old building in Leavenworth!!) They know some friends of ours) ...not home from work, The guy who moved into L and S's house has someone over visiting.....the next house...not home from work....the nice neighbor S...just saw them leave.....Okay now on our side....nice neighbor A couldn't find it either...nice neighbor C. whew hooo!! He is home. I go to knock on his door and nice neighbor A says, " What is that on your pants?"...I reach back there and low and behold my shorts are ripped at the seam all the up my backside. These are the cute Dockers I got at Kohls!! So I go change, then go ask C to help me find the freaking fuse box.

After several tools, a screwdriver, a needle nosed pliers, he gets it out. He lays the tools down in the passenger seat. Replaces the fuse.....Before he puts the cover back on with the tools, I plug the DVD players in.....whew hoo, they work.

Will is crouched down in the floorboard....I notice the needle nosed pliers are not in the seat. I say, "Hand them over...." He looks REALLY guilty. I look at the seat wondering if he poked a hole in it or something....NOPE, he CUT A WIRE under the seat!!! A tiny green wire that is bundled with a bunch of others. But he just cut the one. By now I am so livid I am ready to seriously ready to lock him in his room before I cause him serious injury. It is 104 degrees inside the garage. I am dripping with sweat....and I don't sweat. I have sweat pouring down me. Note: I tried all the up, down, forward, back, recline...etc on that seat. It works fine, so I am not sure what he cut.**

I think at this point I was ready to just cry! Nice neighbor C looks at me like he is ready to witness a child beating....but I just sent him to his room.....Will, not nice neighbor C. One thing that went right was that the car already has some extra fuses on a little panel on the side of the dash. I have never even noticed that it was a place you can open up. So he replaced it and put the cover back on.

I got the kids in the house and bathed. Finally at 9, an hour after their normal bedtime, they are in bed. I had only tried one of the DVD players to make sure it worked, so I went back out there to connect them together and see if both play at the same time. Would you freaking believe it, they don't!!!! I can get each to play individually, but not where each screen is playing the same movie.

I think I just need to step away from it for a bit because I am about to lose it tonight. I will try again tomorrow. If I can't get them to play the same one, I may just keep them and get Will a set of headphones. The play button is pretty easy to find on the player. I am sure I could teach him how to start his own. I know Mike didn't want the one that plays different movies, but I seriously don't think I could drive to the beach without some entertainment in the back!

sorry to vent....I am all about not griping if you can't change something...I cant 'change that Mike is not here...so just a bit of a rant before I regain my composure!!

since i am trying to look at the positive side of all of this....

1. The 9 inch ones are REALLY nice....much better screen that the other ones I had gotten first,

2. I now know how to replace a fuse if by some freak of nature that ever happens again.

3. I got a $10 gift card in the mail from Kohls. I wasn't going to use it. I take it as a good sign to go get some new shorts. As hot as it is here, I will be able to still wear them well into Oct!

4. The kids were so worn out they might sleep until 7.

5. I am utmost thankful I know my neighbors and can turn to them in need just by a knock on the door. They will stop whatever it is they were doing to come help.

happy friday yall!

14 comments:

nene P said...

Good gosh, If I lived closer to you I would keep your kids and PAY for you a massage, mani and pedi. What a day from hell. We had a saying when the boys were teens. Well, with my youngest we still preface it with some phone calls. "no one is dying, no one is pregnant and no one is in jail. Life is good! I know you are counting the days until your hubby comes home, hang in there and have a big ole fruity drink with an umbrella in it.

lisagh said...

Yikes... what a day! You totally deserve that glass of vino. Or two!!!

Arlene said...

Awww sweetie, that is one helluva night/day you've had! I can't even imagine how hard it can be having your husband gone :-( You know you can vent here ANY TIME! We're always going to be here for you, even when we (I) am slow in reading!!!

k e r r y said...

Determination is what you have my friend! That's a lot for one day!

Sisters with Style said...

What a day you had. You are totally allowed to vent! I have read your blog for awhile and this is probably one of the first times that you vented. If I were in your shoes I don't think I could say the same thing. We are all allowed to vent every once in awhile. I hope your Friday goes a lot better.

Unknown said...

Oh honey...what a day. Imagine how much easier this would be if we all lived closer and not spread all over the country. The internet is deceptive that way...we have friends who we keep up with and begin to really care about but then when they really need us we can't be there physically.

((hugs))

Monogram Queen said...

I just think it's great that you can look at the positive things. So many people just focus on the negative. Hopefully Friday will be a better day for you honey!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh honey I have soooooooooo been in your shoes......luckily you have neighbors to help you out...I didn't......

I can tell Friday is already a better day for you

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh honey I have soooooooooo been in your shoes......luckily you have neighbors to help you out...I didn't......

I can tell Friday is already a better day for you

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh honey I have soooooooooo been in your shoes......luckily you have neighbors to help you out...I didn't......

I can tell Friday is already a better day for you

Wendy said...

I have had days like this. I'm glad this one is over for you. Hopefully today is going better. Hang in there!

Cynthia said...

Maybe this will cheer you up! I wanted to let you know that you've been tagged!
Cynthia

Ashlee and Carey said...

Wow! At least it's over and today is a new day! You are another day closer to Mike being home! I am sending you a great big hug over the internet...these are better for you anyway since you are not a hugger...at least until you have had a few Coronas or so!!! Miss your laugh!

tommie said...

queeniep-and I would most likely take you up on it!

lisagh-just one, I had to get up today.

arlene- I don't know how single parents do it....my hat is off to you.

kerry-I have never considered it determination, but yes I am.

sisters-I really try not to complain about this because I am all about not whining about something you can't change. I can't change this, but I can change my reaction to it.

tkw-thanks!

patticake-I have to or I might cry most days!

cheeky-yes it was...thanks so much.

wendy-much better day today!!

cynthia-thank you so much! I appreciate it.

ashlee-oh those Corona hugs. If I was there, I just might let you hug me even without a Corona.