Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thursday 13.....#28....the letter H





In keeping with the ABC theme.......Just a few random thoughts about the letter H


  1. Happy : We made these treats for the kids' Happy Valentines Day party at school. Layer a pretzel, top with a Rolo, heat until squishy, push a pecan on it. Easiest dessert ever!
  2. Heart: The tag is made from hearts to form a flower.
  3. Husband: is still gone TDY....$ucks that the first holiday after coming off a deployment and he is gone!
  4. Home is where Uncle Sam sends us. We were given these places: Fort Knox, KY, Fort Lewis, WA and Hawaii. Guess which one I want?
  5. Have: I have one brother and two sisters.
  6. Haan: I love my new Cole Haan bag. Is it spring yet?
  7. Hung: I hung one of those garage rack systems with two kids helping.
  8. Heart: I like to say, "I pink puffy heart you!'
  9. History: I have a history of diabetes in my family.
  10. Hand: I just wrote a post about hand me downs....the underwear is already in the trash!
  11. High: I graduated from high school in 1986. I will save you the math, I am 39.
  12. Hurry: Hurry home Husband, we miss you!

if you need to catch up:

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading you for a while now, cool blog. I'd love to be "as together as you are" but since I'm much older and too older to change my ways not likely to happen but a "girl" can dream????? Right!! Our son is in the good ole us Navy and is in HI!! My brother in law spent
about 5 years there also. Your kids are so darn cute!!! Thanks for sharing them! I don't have a blog but keep saying I plan to start.... we'll see when or if that happens.
Marie
mtvass@comporium.net

Anonymous said...

A unique take on the TH13 theme. I hope you have a happy V-day

Melli said...

Goooooood job on H! I'm on letter C now... Blessings on your Hubby - hope he gets home soon!

tulipmom said...

So Carlisle is out, huh?

Hawaii does sound awfully nice, though.

Jen said...

Ooooooh, Hawaii.

I've HAD those yummy desserts before and they were SO good. The bags and tags looked so great!

tommie said...

tulipmom- I am beyone pi$$ed that we still don't have an assignment. We were supposed to know in Nov....and here it is in Feb. I really want a place with seasons. Knox is in KY so that is my first choice!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

TX and now HI?! and here I am stuck in the tundra....I will have to live vicariously through you

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry he's away. That IS unfair---he just got back.

Lovely Valentine's post...

Mine:
Landscapes & Cityscapes

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Hurry home? Where did he go? I thought he would be locally there working? No?

I can't wait for spring so you can FINALLY sport Cole! :)

Unknown said...

I have a friend whose sister chose to go to Hawaii through the military. She's miserable there and anytime she wants to come home or they want someone to visit it's like six million dollars to travel (kidding, not that much but a lot).

Uhhhh, did I miss the part where you can't stay in TX? Anywho, we thought KY sounded nice when we were looking ages ago...good middle of the road weather (not too hot, not breaking snow records...).

Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Oh duh, I see your first choice now IS KY! Yea!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very ingenious list.

Gina said...

I love this! You are so creative.

tulipmom said...

I hope you get Knoxville. Keep us posted!

Kellan said...

When you got to the "hung" one - I could hardly wait for your response. Needless to say - I was a bit disappointed - tee hee. Hawaii would be great - WOW!! Have a good V-Day!

And, yes ... my girls are still very close. I am amazed at how close they are and love how much they love each other - what a blessing. Take care - Kellan

Eve said...

I love the idea of the alphabetical T-13's. I never see a good idea that I don't copy, so expect to see some alphabetic soup at AdamsWife soon.

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! I love the sound of those treats. I have done them before with Hershey's Kisses with an M&M pressed on top. Your treat sounds more decadent and grown-up!

Libby said...

I pink puffy heart you, Tommie. :)

Janet said...

that is the pits he's gone. and it's the pits that libby said what I was going to say!!!

Monogram Queen said...

A big fat Pfffttt to the military for making husband be gone on Valentines Day!

Um, i'm betting you want to go to KENTUCKY!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Cole Haan's an amazing design outfit, no? My favorite pair of boots are Cole Haans; I live in 'em.

Unknown said...

The treats are so cute. I miss doing things like that. My son is too old for that now, but he'll still eat the cookies!