Monday, February 04, 2008

Manic monday and wishful thinking



make a wish, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Answers to Lisa's Manic Monday. Here's what she has this week:



Is there anything to serious to joke about? If so, what falls into that category for you? I am not much of a joker. I think in every little jab there is a bit of truth...so I just don't do it. If it makes someone feel bad, it is just not worth it.

Would you rather be a tortured genius or a happy simple-minded person? Why? I think a tortured genius....aren't most of them tortured anyway?

A dear friend or family member has a terminal illness and is in agony. He/she wants you to help him/her die. What would you do? I hope to never be in this position. But if I am, I would like to think I would be following the person's wishes. I know both Husband and I have living wills. I do not want to be kept alive on any kind of machine that would prolong my life. I have specific instuctions about what organs and such to be donated.

Just had to include this flower shot from a couple of years ago.....it was in the high 70s here today! The neighbors pool got cemented in.....it's really making me wish for flip flips and shorts!

Happy Monday, y'all.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, you Manic answers and the photo - it was a real joy to visit, I'll be back, Thank YOU!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh nice shot. Is that an alium bulb? I love those. They are so beautiful. I have about 20 in our perennial garden (where there was once 2).

tommie said...

Yes, it is. When we lived in the east bay of San Francisco, the house we lived in had these raised bed gardens in our tiny yard. Part of the rent was a full time gardener that mowed and tended the flower beds! Gotta love that!

Unknown said...

Love the flower shot...very springy...which I will someday see again.

Jillian said...

Yes, this is my first time doing maniac monday. I liked the questions... I thought they were good! I like that I Think you and I are on the same page with the terminal illness and that is great that you have a living will already made out! There cannot be anything unclear in the event something like that might happen!

Well, I Hope to read more from you, and I hope you keep reading my blog. I know its not so interesting right now, I am still trying to figure it all out!

Unknown said...

High 70's? I am so very envious! :-)

Have almost the same answers for all of them. Great minds think alike.

Thanks for playing MM and I hope your week is off to a good start.

Amanda said...

great answers. Happy Monday, thanks for stopping by!

Casdok said...

How lovely to visit a blog and be given a wish!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope I am never in a position where someone would ask me to help them die but if I were I hope I would be strong enough to follow their wishes.

junglemama said...

I'd rather be a happy simple minded person.

Mary Alice said...

Sometimes I wish I was more simple minded...it seems to be easier to be happy when you don't recognize all the troubles.

Janet said...

ahhhh, the 70s...I'm envious!

Don Mills Diva said...

Love that photo and interesting answers. I would so rather be a happy simple-minded person.

IamDerby said...

I dont think there is anything to serious to joke about. Sometimes you have to laugh so you dont fall apart, kwim? I am not talking about poking fun but sometimes even the serious things need to be made lighter.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot! I thought it was a Dandy Lion at first.

I had to think about your first one for a moment. I thrive on silliness. I rarely make jabs at anyone though. I guess we've been around different types of jokers. I don't care for the ones that do at it other's expense either.

Laski said...

I am so with you on your responses...we just completed our living will.

Love the shot!

MBKimmy said...

love the photo can't wait for flop weather!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Great photo.

Interesting questions. It's something like the line from the Matrix...why didn't I choose the other pill. Is ignorance really bliss? Or maybe knowing what is going on is really better.