Friday, February 22, 2008

friday fill in



the Friday fill in courtesy of the wonderful Janet

1. Seeing a new and exciting place through a camera lens is the best thing about traveling.

2. I love a good warm blanket when I'm cold.

3. I often use coffee as a pick-me-up.

4. I'm needing to read right now the stack of magazines on my desk; I miss the time I used to have to read (them) it.

5. Politics is something I dislike talking about.

6. When I visited the salon today, I most looked forward to seeing my color/stylist. ***see those white shiny things sticking up!! They are no more as of this afternoon!***


7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to vegging with the family, tomorrow my plans include haircuts for the kids and Husband and Sunday, I want to try to be positive! Husband is going on another TDY (Temporary Duty at Fort Drum, NY) for 20 days! Twenty days doesn't seem like anything after living thru a 15 month deployment....but still. I don't think it ever gets easier.

Happy weekend, y'all!

14 comments:

tommie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

I love your hair, and what pretty eyes!

It's hard having him go on TDY after TDY...just when things calm down. Oh well...

Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Oooh, your hair looks good!

It's so hard to have husband go off over and over again--- no matter for how long.

Hope you have a great weekend!

carmilevy said...

I hope the 20 days fly by for you. You've all been through enough, and you deserve more together-time.

I think gray rocks, but maybe I'm just weird that way. I've been seeing more flecks in my own hair over the last few months. I wish I could just shave it all off and get it over with. Too bad it isn't that simple!

Anna said...

My husband travels A LOT too! I have seen him 4 days in the past month. I hope that your time goes well. Funny the things that you can get used to after time.

Great blog as well.

Beth Cotell said...

I don't like talkign about politics either and I definitely use coffee as a pick me up!

Hope the 20 days zoom right by for you!

Pooch said...

Heartfelt thanks to your husband for serving and to you and your children for your sacrifices.

I am enjoying your blog!

:)

Desert Diva said...

What did the world ever do before the creation of coffee? I'm actually having my "double latte" now. I'm sorry that your hubby has to go away again, but we're out here to support you! :-)

tulipmom said...

Sorry to hear he's leaving again.

I don't care for politics talk, either.

Hope you're enjoying your Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry he's having to leave again. Kudo's to all of you for living the life you do to protect the country we all love.

I'm partial to gray hair. It's stunning in dark haired women. That's my opinion.

tulipmom said...

Livi looks like a mini you, doesn't she? :)

tommie said...

tulipmom-yes, she does. Our baby pictures are almost identical. We tan a bit differently. She is more golden.

Monogram Queen said...

Gah I hate the sticky up white things too. (on me)Banish them forever!

Laski said...

I have LOTS of those shiny white things!!! What the hey! My hair color is the same as yours so they really show--so unfair!