Thursday, February 28, 2008

Conversations with Livi

Tonight, like every night....we have the same routine: bath, story, bedtime. Lately Livi has been "reading" to me. Her favorite book this week is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See".

She used to say the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See, peek on the next page to see what the next animal is, and go from there. Well, after the thousandth time reading it, she has it memorized.

But tonight was different. It went a little like this:

Livi: Black sheep, black sheep, what do you see? I see a yellow fish, no wait....an orange fish, looking at me.

Me: Livi, it says "goldfish".

Livi: (looking at me like I am three degrees of crazy)....it DOES not, it is not a snack....it IS a yellow fish!

As long as we pass on the love of reading, I guess that is all that matters!


A little tag catch up:

Marie tagged me. This should be fun!

1) You must post the rules on your post before you answer the questions.
2) You need to list one fact about yourself using each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name use your maiden name instead.
3) When you are finished with your answers, you tag one person for each letter of your name.

L: Love: I love to sleep in, though it rarely happens!

E: encyclopedia: I used to read these for fun as a child!

E: enrolled: I was enrolled K-12 in the same school. Twenty four of the 56 kids I graduated with started kindergarten together! Can you say podunk Oklahoma?

Now I'm supposed to high-five three people, since that's how many letters are in my middle name. Alrighty...consider yourself tagged if you need some blog fodder.

Happy Thursday, y'all!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

"I see a red bird looking at me."

I think I've read that book a few thousand times myself, albeit years ago. :)

I love Livi's goldfish logic!

Laski said...

Oh, so cute! This is in J's library. Unfortunately, all he wants to do is chew on it . . . hopefully, that will change :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love that Livi - her logic seems good to me! And you read encyclopedia's as a child? Why am I not shocked? :)

Joanna said...

"...it is not a snack" - snort!

Kellan said...

Now, that was so cute about the goldfish - you know that most everything with these kids either relates to food or some cartoon they've see on TV - too funn!

And that is so cool that you went to school with the same kids all those years. Being and Army brat, this is something I so envy!

Have a great Friday Tommie - see you later. Kellan

Corey~living and loving said...

I see a purple cat looking at me.

and I always change "teacher" to "mama". :) it is a fav for us as well.
loved this post.
have a great friday.

tulipmom said...

LOL at Livi's "it is not a snack."

I have vivid childhood memories of my brother stretched out on the floor with a pile of World Book Encyclopedias. He was the smart one! :)

jennwa said...

I love the goldfish comment, very cute.
I have read that book a million times, with my first 2 kids I would sometimes have to hide it and say I could not find it. I guess you have to pick another book to read. I am so mean.

stephanie said...

Not a snack, that is probably the best kid comment of the week. We grown-ups are crazy.

I like your meme; I might have to play after my "day of rest" from Blog365...

Thanks for visiting me :)

Desert Diva said...

The logic of a child - I love the comment that it's not a goldfish. However, you have to wonder about the hidden power or marketing!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

You're a WINNER on one of my contest giveaways! Come check it out! :)

~melody~

Janet said...

LMAO! I love children's logic :-)

Monogram Queen said...

I just make stuff up and Madison totally loves it :) I hope she has my love of reading. God I hope so!

IamDerby said...

Brown Bear is a book that I never wish to read again (I taught 1st grade a lot of years and it was always the favorite... then my dd loved it... then my son...yeah I dont need anymore brown bear LOL) Your daughters bedding is freaking adorable! Well and of course so is she.

Aisha said...

That's really cute! :D