Saturday, August 16, 2008

Photohunt: colorful


colorful shoes, originally uploaded by tommiea1.



This week, I introduced my neighbors to Freecycle....."It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills."

As I have unpacked, I have set aside stuff we have not used in the last house. My neighbor down the street, (no, not that neighbor ) but a nice one two houses up gave these shoes to Livi on Thursday. Since the kids didn't have school on Friday, we set up our very own Bedazzle station at the kitchen table.


She had so much fun sticking on the little colorful stones on the boa covered shoes. The girl was ready to work it. I was just hoping she didn't run upstairs to grab some After the Party .

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some colorful wheels (jeans too).

Enjoy the weekend,

Rebecca Mecomber said...

LOL, wowsa! Yep, that's colorful, in more ways than one.

I also did Photo Hunt. Come share your link! :) http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-colorful/

Corey~living and loving said...

woo hoo..those are HOT! tee hee....cute choice for the theme. :)

happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great pic for this week's theme! Such pretty vivid colors! And, what's best about it is she had fun doing it ;)

Desert Diva said...

Well, in a word - "groovy!"

Anonymous said...

I love Livi's high sparkle nature. She is so very fun. Can you imagine her wedding dress?? Mommy, it's going to shine!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I love those little Diva shoes! What a doll - I hope you have a matching pair T!

Sisters with Style said...

What a fun project and those shoes look marvelous!!!!

Janet said...

I love those jeans! And the shoes LOL! So cool :-)

Unknown said...

Whoo-hoo! Those are some shoes. :) I bet she had a blast.

just jamie said...

*I* want to join in. Those shoes are so purdy!

Monica said...

Freecycle is fun to look through and see what crazy things people are giving away...I've seem some really "out there" stuff!

Monogram Queen said...

Precious!!! Madison would KILL for those shoes!
We use Freecycle, it's great!

gina said...

I've heard of Freecycle but have never used it. Though everything I don't need or use I leave out by the curb on a sunny day and within hours (sometimes minutes!) it's gone. Old tvs, a computer, mattresses,you name it- it's amazing. We've yet to find anything as great as those shoes though. ;)

Wendy said...

I need a pair of those shoes! Wow!