Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paying It Forward

Today I had a package in the mail....not a regular envelope of some credit card offer. Not a piece of the previous occupants mail, not something I ordered for the house....But my very own package from Jenni of Four Feet More .

Last January, I was oh so brave enough to sign up for this......It is a little crafty exchange in the form of a (not so) random act of kindness. I found her blog from back in the day when I did Stuff Portrait Fridays. I was happy to join in and "pay it forward."


Here are the rules:


"I will send a handmade gift (of my choosing) to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange, and who make the same pledge on their own blog. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward."


Anyone interested? If so, drop me a comment! I'll most likely be making some paper craft either a mini scrapbook or seasonal cards. This is just what I need to get my creative juices flowing! So really, if you sign up to pay it forward, you'd be doing me a favor.


Jenni made a gorgeous green scarf. I can only wait for it to get cool enough to wear. But I might have to fight a Princess for it. ***Note the Princess dress up thing she has on, she changed into that as soon as she got home from preschool***
Livi: "Here, Mommy, let me take a picture of you with it."
Me: smiling and hamming it up as best as the Mother of a Princess should.
Livi: "No, no, no ....(what is she a director?) You need to do this....(throws her shoulder forwards and lowers her eyelids). ***I really wish this shot were in focus more, but it totally captures her personality.***

Me: "Is this better?" Trying to imitate her. I swear if she knew the words, she would have been telling me to 'work it, own it'.

Livi
: "No, no no......forget it, let's take one together."
Livi: "Much better!"

So, are you up to it?

19 comments:

SBCVandy aka PreppyChemist said...

that is such a wonderful idea! I would love to take part! :)

Laski said...

You are both so gorgeous!!!

Sign me up! I'm all about creative juices!

Monica said...

OMG Tommie...that last photo definitely needs to be framed! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest photo series! You two are just adorable! Livi is going to love looking back on these when she's older and I'm with Monica, the last one needs a frame. :)

Little Town Big Life said...

Well that apple didn't fall far from the tree!!! Livi is, as usual, a doll---and you're lookin fine too!!!

Sign me up. I love having 365 days to get something together! Now remind me--what do I do next?

Desert Diva said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen your photo on your blog before. I've seen your pedicure, but not YOU!

You're absolutely beautiful - now I know where the kids get their good looks. (Not that your hubby isn't "fine" also.)

Alas, I didn't make the 3rd person for "pay it forward." It's the story of my life - a day late and a dollar short. The same thing happened at work recently involving an art exhibit. It closed on Friday and I heard about it on Monday. Oh well...

gina said...

Love the photo shoot. Shoot- I was too late to sign up.

Gina said...

Gorgeous photos as always. It was so cool to actually see you!! You should post your picture more often -- you're beautiful. (Not that only beautiful people should post their pictures but you know what I mean).
Just curious, where did the booster/car seat comment come from? It actually works just fine for us right now. No plans for a bigger vehicle at the moment. : )

Jenni said...

I love the photo shoot! You and your daughter are both gorgeous (what I wouldn't give for that olive skin!).

Glad you like the scarf. I actually made one for myself as well. :)

tavolini said...

oh wow!! These photos are fantastic!! You definitely have to frame that last one--beautiful :)

Monogram Queen said...

That scarf really goes well with your hair! LOVE the shots of you and your Princess!!!

Unknown said...

You two are adorable together. Now I see where Livi gets it from. :)

Joanna said...

Hottie and mini hottie - work it girlfriend!

Janet said...

Tommie, I LOVE the picture of you and Livi :-) It shows your sense of humor and lots of love!

Dea Felis said...

Those are amazing photos. :) I love that one of you and Livi. :D

Anonymous said...

YAY! Now how cool is that!?! You guys are so gorgeous - I love your hair btw! And how fun!

IamDerby said...

What awesome photos! Especially that last one!.... and all this time I thought you were a blonde.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

I am 15 comments too late :DDDD
and love that pic of you two together :)

tulipmom said...

You look beautiful in these pics!!