Monday, August 11, 2008

First day of preschool



We started preschool today. Will is in the PreK program. Livi is in the 'fours' class. She is only three, but turns four in Oct. Since she has already had a year of preschool, they let her go. So now she will get to go three days instead of two.


They walked in like they owned the place. We had gone to an open house last week to do a meet and greet with their teachers.


Each kid did their evening routine: laying out clothes and backpack for the next day. Livi was so excited to wear 'the pretty dress with all the colors'. Will was excited to see if there would be a new Nicholas <----his little friend he misses so much in Texas. As we walked in, they immediately gave me kisses and reminded me to bring their milk.


Unlike last year I didn't have tears. I got back in my car (the freakin' rental car at that: mine is still being fixed where that woman rear-ended me). I don't even know where a Starbucks is, so I couldn't even go get a coffee! But I did go run some kid-free errands for a few hours.
Here is the token crazy silly face they love to do for their daddy. The silly faces started during the deployment, the continue just because who doesn't love to have their pic taken with a tongue hanging out?

I guess my babies are growing up!
Now for a little here's Manic Monday, hosted by Lisa
How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you? Pretty much like my "About me"....creative, organized, photographer
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? Trust is something I struggle with....but I do trust Husband. He has never let me down. I can count on him to be there....emotionally if not physically.
If you died or went missing, who would miss you? Husband, the kids....I mean who would get them dressed and drive them to school. My family. I would think a great many people would miss me!

13 comments:

tulipmom said...

They look so much older in those pics. I hope Will finds another "Nicholas".

Desert Diva said...

Your kids are just too cute for their own good!

I think you'd better go online to the Starbuck's website and find a location in your area. Some things you just can't live without! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, doesn't Will look like he's 16 in that photo? Wow. They are so awesome - and you've done such a great job. What a sigh of relief after the summer you've had?

Ah, Action Jackson - if you can't trust him, really who can you trust? He is a super hero after all. I'd miss you if you were gone - definitely.

Let's see... how do I describe you? Someone who is wicked loyal, incredibly talented, a little shy, thoughtful, capable of feeling things deeply although you might not know it on the surface, and aware of more of what's going on around her than you'd think.

How's that? ;)

Congratulations on your first day of "real" school. Enjoy your time alone with Livi this year.

Corey~living and loving said...

Glad to hear the first day went well. :) sigh....they are growing to fast. someone help us!!!!!

Libby said...

Sounds like the first day went well for everyone, including Mom.

tavolini said...

Great pictures!! Hope they had a good first day :)

Monogram Queen said...

Aww they look adorable! Happy First Day of School Will & Livi!

Janet said...

I love that pic of Livi clutching her blanket ... and that dress is gorgeous!!! When she outgrows it, you need to save it, make it into a pillow or start a quilt with it or something!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Good luck with school, and cute pictures!

My daughter will be 4 in October too.

gina said...

They look so big in those pics! My youngest just turned 4 in July- so she'll be going 3 days a week this year too, I'm looking forward to it!!

ps. That dress is adorable.

IamDerby said...

They grow up so quick! Very cute pictures!

dmmlandcruiser said...

A Monumentous Day for all! I always forget how early all you Southerners start school! We go back September 4th!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

kids grow up fast don't they......don't you wish sometimes that there were a pause button?? :)