Tuesday, August 12, 2008

does the early bird really get the worm?

Once again I am getting up at the a$$ crack of dawn to be ready before the kids get up. It is just so much easier to get up, stumble to the shower, makeup, the whole routine without having to stop and answer ten thousand questions. It is nice to come down have a little cup of caffeine with a bit of creamer. Okay, more than a bit....but enough to wake up.

This morning I was joined by one little boy who was too excited to sleep that his dreams just "whisked me up and put me in your bed, Momma"......So when my alarm went off at six, he was ready and rearing to go.

We stepped outside (a brisk 66 degrees outside at that!) to let Josie out. Will noticed that this early in the morning you can hear the momma birds waking up the baby birds. He also said, "Who knew the skies are pink in the morning? Do they start out being girls, then turn into boys in the afternoon?"

UUGGhh....no, I don't think so, baby. I guess we have some transgendered clouds here in KY in the morning!

It was very peaceful and quiet. I wish I were a morning person who really appreciated all that ooyey gooey morning stuff! But I am not.

Oh well....happy Tuesday!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Your description reminded me of a fresh Maine morning ... not the kind you get here!
Will is too cute!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

You may not get a worm, but you do get an awesome photo!

Joanna said...

Mornings?? You know, I've heard of those. It's a weird sunset except it gets brighter and brighter out. Go figure.

Monica said...

Love the pics of the kids below...I'm sure you enjoyed your alone time! :)

Monogram Queen said...

Not really a morning person either but that little boy of yours sure is a sweetie!

Janet said...

Sometimes, Will's observations just floor me! Beautiful shot :-)

gina said...

I am not a morning person at all either. but nice shot of your transgender clouds. ;)

Susie said...

Happy Tuesday! Ok, it's Wed. but still-what a gorgeous picture!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, he's a love. This is the kind of memory you'll have for a life time, then embarrass him with at his wedding! ;)

((hug)) You are sweet to try so very hard.

When does Action Jackson come home?

Kimberly said...

LOVE the photo!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha......now i know what you meant by "boy skies" on the flickr in your comment!!! You have the cutest brood in the whole wide world Tommie :)

Dea Felis said...

LOL :)

I love dawns, and always have - it's just too bad that I can't stand getting up to see them. :) I usually say that dawn is my favorite time of day, but only if I get to see it and then go to bed (ie, up all night). ;)

Beautiful picture. :) I'm glad the kids are enjoying pre-school in KY so much. :)