Monday, August 18, 2008

Manic and a little muffin monday


muffin monday, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Yes, we have already started Muffin Monday here. This week we made the old TX neighbor's favorite: Mexican surprise. These are a cornmeal based savory muffin with a taco dip on the side! Yummy!

Manic Monday brought to us by the talented Fleur-de-Lisa.



Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? Not really, if I want to do something I usually do it. I would love to go to one of those long weekend cooking schools like at a cool bed and breakfast. Ventana Inn used to have one...but now they only have a photo safari that looks awesome as well!



If you could make any fictional character come to life, which one would it be? Maybe Cinderella (pre-marriage to the prince)...I would put that child to work on the laundry...and hauling the vacuum up and down the stairs!



If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000? Easy peasy.....Crate and Barrel to get my dining room furniture. Then Pottery Barn to finish out the rugs and drapes.



Name three things you wanted as a child but never got. 1. Easy Bake Oven - my cousin had one and I was so jealous!

2. Fuzzy Pumper Barber shop- my kids have one a neighbor gave us ....now I know why I never had one as a child. That thing is messy!

3. Cabbage Patch Doll....my mom wasn't the fighting type...I remember seeing moms pulling hair over a doll once!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

I never got the easy bake oven either...I think it has had a lasting effect. I did have a cabbage patch doll though. Still have it.

Love Livi in the green!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

She's officially home - she's baking! :) I'm thinking someone should buy you an easy bake oven. They ROCKED. Well at least until their was mix. Once that ran out, it sucked.

Desert Diva said...

Cook Livi looks totally in charge! I may have to ask you for the Mexican Surprise muffin recipe. They sound delicious...

Janet said...

I think we need to start a club...the Easy Bake Ovenless!

Monogram Queen said...

As usual the muffins sound delish!

I had an Easy Bake Oven AND a Cabbage Patch Doll LOL

k e r r y said...

a $10,000 shopping spree would be the answer to my prayers right now :)

Libby said...

I would like to formally submit my application to the Easy Bake Ovenless Club as well. (I always thought I was the only little girl who grew up without one!)

Unknown said...

Those muffins sound delish! Livi looks like she is having so much fun.

I would love to do one of those photo safaris!

Mmmm, I love Crate and Barrel too. I am wanting a new dining room set myself.

Laski said...

Easy Bake Oven!!! Me too . . .

Looking back, it was probably a wise decision. But, sadly, the lack of one may have contributed to my seriously lacking skills at the stove . . .

Joanna said...

Too cute!!

IamDerby said...

I always wanted the easy bake oven too. I did have a cabbage patch doll, my mom got lucky in that my best friends mom offered to sell her one of the three she managed to get.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I think you should have to share the recipes to these muffins! WOW! That sounds really delicious! AND look at Livi's beautiful teeth!

There's so much you didn't have. I hope adult life is better!