Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting my crafty on....

This was my inspiration. I love the color of these drapes. They are very similar to the Nacho Chip that I use in my main living area as well as our bedroom. The red/maroon in these are a tad darker than my Cornelian Red I use....but I still love it. The walls in the dining room area light neutral with one wall in the red (which really looks like wet terra cotta rather than a red). We ordered our dining room furniture last week. It should be here in 2-3 weeks....so I thought I better get around to putting up some window coverings. I went to the one and only fabric store and brought home some samples last week. Though the above Pottery Barn one is absolutely gorgeous, I knew I could make some for a fraction of the cost. Since Husband has a long weekend, I went by to get the fabric today.


Whew Hoo.....my favorite words were plastered all over the storefront: Sale 50-75% off decorator fabrics. I was kind of shocked my little Hancock Fabrics was hustling and bustling at one in the afternoon. But it was. I grabbed my mongo roll and lugged it to the cutting counter. By the time I got it and the lining fabric, it was the cost of half of one of my inspiration drapes!


I love the embroidered polka dots. It gives it some texture without having to add a fringe. It is so fun and whimisical. I am trying to incorporate a bit of fun and unexpected in this room. I can't wait to get started.




I did get this hardware in an antique bronze finish. I will hang some light sand colored sheers behind them since they are hanging along the edge of the window rather than cover the entire window.

So, for fabric, lining fabric, and hardware....it was the cost of ONE PANEL!

9 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

The title says it all. You DO have your craft on. Martha better watch her back.

tavolini said...

Looks great! You'll have to post the finished product :)

I'm always surprised with how busy the fabric stores are, too.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow! You seriously rock Tommie! Our Hancocks is always jumping too!

Unknown said...

Martha has nothing on you! :)
Those are so cute.

gina said...

Loving that fabric- you are on a roll- that place is going to be a SHOWPLACE! For like 40% the cost of one. ;)

Joanna said...

Those are cute!! You got to post the pictures when you're done.

Unknown said...

I CANNOT wait to see it all put together! LOVE the dotted material and I have to say there is nothing that makes a room look more pulled together than some great window coverings!

Brandt! said...

I love the polka dots! You are just a regular Martha Stewart .. I am waiting for your own show!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I can't even imagine creating my own masterpiece of curtains! WOW!