Tuesday, August 26, 2008

all things princess


all things princess, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

A little background: It is very dry here in KY. So dry that Livi and I have taken to using "body butter" on our legs. Livi has one flavored butter cream frosting. It does have a super sweet smell. This morning as we were getting ready for her Student of the Week at school, we slathered it on as usual. I can't like dry itchy legs!

So, the above self-declared Princess is student of the week: meaning she got to bring a few special things to school. I went to her class to read her favorite story: The Princess Primer


So today afterwards her teacher mentioned she got her "crayon pulled"<----a time out for something. Apparently self-declared Princess took a swing at Susie (name changed for the protection on others). Miss J asked her why.....she had no answer. But for someone who talks to a box of rocks, I am surprised she didn't tell her why, even if it was to say that the other girl hit her first.

As we were walking to Will's class, I asked her why she hit Susie.

Livi: "She was being mean."

Me: "How was she being mean?" <----very skeptical about her next responce.

Livi: "She wouldn't smell me."

Me: very confused...."Smell you?"

Livi: "My legs...my Butter Cream Frosting legs."

Me: "You hit her because she wouldn't smell your legs?"

Livi: "Yes, wasn't that mean of her?"

Me: "Girl, we need to talk!" It took everything I could do not to laugh. I don't think that little lesson was in The Princess Primer

14 comments:

Unknown said...

"She wouldn't smell me'-- I am busting up laughing. Seriously, that is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

This girl is a firecracker! :)

Janet said...

ROFLMAO! I hate when I smell so good to myself and other people won't smell me, too!

tommie said...

Lisa- She is a handful! She is three in a four year old class. So she is also tiny compared to the other kids. But her verbal skills, as well as a year of Montessori, they let her go into the four year old class. She turns 4 in Oct, but you would think she was going on 13!

Janet- I am almost scared for the teen years!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Livi: 1. Susie: 0.

Just when I think she can't get any cuter or have any more sass, she proves me wrong. :)

Desert Diva said...

Wow, that's hilarious! Now I'm wondering what butter cream frosting would smell like...

gina said...

First of all that must smell DEE...licicous! I couldn't have seen that one coming. It was mean of her- sounds more like a queen bee than a princess. lol.

gina said...

First of all that must smell DEE...licicous! I couldn't have seen that one coming. It was mean of her- sounds more like a queen bee than a princess. lol.

Anonymous said...

Well.... you are the Actions! Livi Action can't stand around when people don't do what she says!! She must conquer!

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

She's a crackup - and so are you!

P.S. I'm a bliss spa girl (blissspa.com) I love the lemon/sage body butter! ;)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

ooo, I just love bubble photos! Great job and such a cute kiddo!

Corey~living and loving said...

tee hee.....what a silly little honey. :) cute story....okay..so hitting isn't so cute...but her reason...priceless.

Laski said...

Butter cream frosting legs. Wow!!!

She's a doll!!!

Sisters with Style said...

She is a riot. I'm sure there is never a dull moment around your house. You are going to appreciate that she is so sure of herself as she gets older.

Monogram Queen said...

Kids do deal with things in their own way! LOL

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha....she's my new "role model" ;DDDD