Friday, August 29, 2008

Photostory Friday and a little Fill-in


093, originally uploaded by tommiea1.


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



This morning the kids and I went to the park near our home. They don't have school on Fridays. So we have starting packing a picnic lunch and find a park to learn our way around our new town. So we packed up...food-check, water bottles-check, camera-check, kids-check, map-check.


We go to the park closest to us because there are some wonderful shade trees. We have to cross this huge bridge from the parking area to the park area. The kids love to pause on the bridge and look at the fish. We spread our little blanket in a shaded area and ate lunch. Just before the kids run off to become a sweaty mess, I take a few shots of Livi's new 'do.


So why did we cut her hair? (Especially since she is bent on having long flowing hair like the ones in her Princess Primer.)


a. I wanted to have even more of a Mini-Me


b. She sucks on hair when she doesn't have her bunny with her.


c. I wanted to see if she could look like Sally Field in Steel Magnolias.


If you said B....then you are right! She is a thumb sucker. We are desperately trying to get her to stop. So Bunny has to stay in her room. All she has done is replace one behavior with another....sucking on her hair instead of her thumb. How gross is that? I can't even fathom how that much feel!


I finally get exactly three shots then a big ol' flashing "Charge battery pack" flashes on the screen. So oh well.... this is all you get.



Friday fill in courtesy of the talented Janet

This week Michelle provided most of the questions; thank you, Michelle! And...here we go!

1. When I'm sick I'm
just roll with it.....what else can you do?

2. When I take a walk, I think about
making sure the kids are staying out of the street.

3. Money can't buy happiness but it can
take you to faraway lands.

4. Cotton makes me
think of my super soft sheets and leather makes me think of the seats in my car.


5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was my 7th grade math teacher.

6. My favorite color these days is
Nacho Chip (wall paint color) because we have painted and decorated around it. It is such a warm buttery color. I instantly start to feel more at home, even in the house we have only been in a month!




7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to pinning the lining fabric to the polka dotted fabric , tomorrow my plans include sewing the layers together and hanging them and Sunday, I want to grill some salmon.


Happy weekend, y'all!

12 comments:

Janet said...

I used to suck my thumb and my hair, too LOL! Love her haircut and wowsa that first pic is spectacular!

Cecily R said...

Love the fillins. Especially the 7th grade math teacher answer.

LOVE LOVE the new look on your daughter. No matter what the reason, that hair cut looks fabulous on her!

Unknown said...

Oh, I cannot begin to imagine what sucking on hair must feel like. Ick. ;-)

But her new 'do looks fantastic- very sleek and so cute on her.

Mmm, grilled salmon. One of my favorites! Have a great weekend, Tommie.

Desert Diva said...

Livi is just too cute - she's going to be a heart breaker someday!

It sounds like you have a "working weekend" planned.

tommie said...

desert diva-It is going to be a working weekend. The rug and furniture will be here soon....so I need to get the dining room window coverings done. It has kind of become a holding area since we have never had a dining room before. The rug was shipped yesterday. The furniture should be here in 2-3 weeks...I am so excited!

gina said...

Shaye was never a thumbsucker- but she eats her hair...thus her do, which is the same exact one as Livi's. Especially since she's working the hair bow too. Shaye lives in them. ;)

Anonymous said...

i remember when Livi didn't have a lot of hair!!! She looks sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at her lips! Is she wearing lipgloss? I swear she's 16 years old! Poor Livi and her thumb sucking. At least she looks fabulous. It's funny that she's a mini -you - I see so much of Action Jackson in her and so much of you in Will.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

She's a cutie ... even if she has to suck on her hair!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Cute!

I refer to my daughter as my "mini me" too! LOL.

tavolini said...

hahaha, and here I was thinking, Sally Field does always look so cute :)

Now, I want to hear the story about this math teacher...

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

how do you manage to achieve all that and more, tommie??? you are what they call "supermom" :)

and she wouldn't suck on her hair all her life, I can bet on that! :)