This morning the kids and I went to the park near our home. They don't have school on Fridays. So we have starting packing a picnic lunch and find a park to learn our way around our new town. So we packed up...food-check, water bottles-check, camera-check, kids-check, map-check.
We go to the park closest to us because there are some wonderful shade trees. We have to cross this huge bridge from the parking area to the park area. The kids love to pause on the bridge and look at the fish. We spread our little blanket in a shaded area and ate lunch. Just before the kids run off to become a sweaty mess, I take a few shots of Livi's new 'do.
So why did we cut her hair? (Especially since she is bent on having long flowing hair like the ones in her Princess Primer.)
a. I wanted to have even more of a Mini-Me
b. She sucks on hair when she doesn't have her bunny with her.
c. I wanted to see if she could look like Sally Field in Steel Magnolias.
If you said B....then you are right! She is a thumb sucker. We are desperately trying to get her to stop. So Bunny has to stay in her room. All she has done is replace one behavior with another....sucking on her hair instead of her thumb. How gross is that? I can't even fathom how that much feel!
I finally get exactly three shots then a big ol' flashing "Charge battery pack" flashes on the screen. So oh well.... this is all you get.
Friday fill in courtesy of the talented Janet
This week Michelle provided most of the questions; thank you, Michelle! And...here we go!
1. When I'm sick I'm just roll with it.....what else can you do?
2. When I take a walk, I think about making sure the kids are staying out of the street.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can take you to faraway lands.
4. Cotton makes me think of my super soft sheets and leather makes me think of the seats in my car.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was my 7th grade math teacher.
6. My favorite color these days is Nacho Chip (wall paint color) because we have painted and decorated around it. It is such a warm buttery color. I instantly start to feel more at home, even in the house we have only been in a month!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to pinning the lining fabric to the polka dotted fabric , tomorrow my plans include sewing the layers together and hanging them and Sunday, I want to grill some salmon.
Happy weekend, y'all!