Saturday, August 09, 2008

2008 Olympics


2008 Olmpics, originally uploaded by tommiea1.

Last night I was able to sit down and watch some of the opening ceremonies for the 08' Olympics. I love the Olympics just a tad less than I love the Miss America pageant. But I'll save that for another post.

I have fond memories of watching Nadia Comaneci. When I found out she lives in Norman, where I went to school at OU, I drove by her house once. She lives in the neighborhood where my aunt lives. Granted they bought two lots and threw up some MONGO fence. They, also, have a cool monogram on their fence.

I took several shots and played around with this one a bit. I have no clue who they said it was, but she reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parker. I swear I have seen a SATC with her in a hat like that!

Happy weekend.....turn on the Olympics if you get a chance. If you dare, get a milk crate, stand on it, and make a Gold Medal from the packaging of the flour your mom buys. Not that I did that or anything.....okay I did. I even perfected my wave to the crowds and admirers on that milk crate!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, the image of you and your gold metal is a wonderful way to end my cleaning Saturday. Thank you for sharing such a delightful memory!

Happy Saturday - and sunday

Little Town Big Life said...

I finally got to watch some opening ceremonies too -- thanks to my sister's DVR. Did you see the boxes??? That was toooo amazing!! Those Chinese---they make everyone else look techo disabled!!! ha ha ha

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

So are you saying you love or you hate the Olympics?

All I know is I've been watching Michael Phelps. IT'S ALL GOOD. :)

Gina said...

I thought it was SJP. I love the front yard flowers pick. Really sharp.

gina said...

Gold medal for photography- no doubt.

How amazing was that OC- visually stunning.

I remeber Mary Lou Retton's big year- I started gymnastics right after that. It only lasted two years, but what great two years they were. ;)

Janet said...

I forgot about the opening ceremonies and missed them and am bummed out.

Monogram Queen said...

I just cannot get into the Summer Olympics anymore. As a kid I LOVED gymnastics. Cathy Rigby was soso cute!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I love the olympics too! We've been watching almost non-stop in our free time.

Libby said...

You've inspired me, I'm off to find both a milk crate and a bag of flour. :)

Joanna said...

That's funny. Now I see where Livi get's it from. :)