Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wild card Wednesday...W....Will is in kickety kickball.....whew hoo




The Kept Woman , who just needs to go buy some good knives... assigned no letter, so I am going with the old standby.....W





Will started kickety kickball this evening. Apparently kickety kickball is a step below soccer for the preschool set. It is a blend of soccer and t-ball. The kid kicks a ball and runs the bases.





Because we were moving last summer, Will did not play any organized sports at the ripe old age of three. So at four, he is just getting in the game. It was so funny...obviously not a single one of the ten kids had played much of anything either. There were kids running for the pitcher's mound....kids running to second, then to the fence. All of this is in 98 degree weather.










During this time Livi found some other little sis to play with. They were playing in the dirt together. She might like to wear bows and dresses every day, but she will dig in the dirt with the best of them!








Do you notice anything about this team? Of the ten kids, only one dad was present. We don't even live on post, but so many dads are deployed. I guess if the wives didn't take up the slack, there would be no teams. Not that I jumped at it when the Parks and Rec called asking for volunteers!





On a lighter note, I find it quite is hilarious is that we only have one practice, then a game in a couple of weeks. The team that we play was practicing tonight as well at the same field.....I think we can take them! Look at that aim, he is good to go....let's just hope he runs to first.

8 comments:

IamDerby said...

I love the name...kickety kickball thats hilarious! Your kids are adorable! I played too

Unknown said...

great photos...

You're right about wives picking up the slack. If the spouses of deployed soldiers didn't do that I really think this country would fall apart.....

and kickety kickball- love it! hehe

I played

Unknown said...

Kickety Kickball?!!?!? Now that sounds like my speed of athletics!!!

And huzzah, huzzah for all you moms. I know it sucks but it does seem nice to have so many other women in the area in the same boat to commiserate with.

Marisa said...

Kickety Kickball! The cuteness kills me. LOL

Funny how we feel guilty for them NOT being in any organized sports at the age of 3. When I was a kid, my mom basically threw us outside to play and that was that.

I played.

Monogram Queen said...

I think little kids at that age are so cute trying to do organized sports! Madison will play in the dirt at the drop of a hat too!

Unknown said...

That is adorable! Around here I think they have biddy ball, which I cant remember if its soccer or t-ball, or what it is, but whats funny is the idea of him being in sports hit me the other day, and I wondered if it was really worth it to put him in so young. Thanks for the answer. I must have cute pictures like this.

KatBliss said...

Thank God for the spouses taking up the slack. Great pictures!

Arlene said...

Awwww, I want to put Ty in something this year. He doesn't have any interest in anything, so I'll just help him along ;-)
Your kids are so damn cute!!