Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thursday 13....number ten.....my hopes

Last week I did fears, so this week I will do thirteen hopes I have: Formally defined, hope is: To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment, even when there is some evidence to the contrary.
I think military wives as a whole, well, even women as a whole are hopeful people. I try to find hope in the everyday things, from permanent change of stations (PCS) to this deployment, the silly things, and the serious things.
1. I hope we can complete the next PCS without the cat jumping out the window....yes, dear friends that happened on the move to Alaska from Oklahoma!
2. I hope we can fit all my furniture into the next house and make it our home.

3. I hope the curtains from the old housing fit the windows of the newer one. Yeah, this didn't happen in the living areas here.....it did in the bedrooms though.
4. I hope that the Army will actually pay attention to our wish list of duty stations.
5. I hope that last year’s military ball dress still fits because we’ve PCS’d and it can be “new” again.

6. I hope that husband loves his care package even if it is the tenth box that he has received of pistachios and store bought cookies.

7. I hope we don’t run out of fruit and milk on the 14th or 15th so I won’t have to brave the commissary on pay day.

8. I hope that I don't have to go to the emergency room.

9. I hope that I never forget my ID card.
10. I hope I find a great babysitter.....the kids love big girl Agabell, but she is going to A & M in the fall.

To the serious…

11. I hope that the knock at the door is not a man in uniform.

12. I hope our children will grow up “well-adjusted” despite this crazy life. I hope that we are giving them roots to bloom wherever they are.

13. Last but not least, I hope my husband returns home safely.



The kids had to do a silly face....just because it is their favorite thing to do. I hope they always keep this spirit of wanting to make others laugh!

happy Thursday y'all

11 comments:

Joan said...

Happy thursday to you too! I hope all those things for you too -- especially those last few!

Di said...

With #5 you brought a whole new perspective to the constant moving...everything old is new again. You don't have to think about which group of friends you wore such-and-such outfit with the last time you went out.

I hope your husband returns safely too!

Monogram Queen said...

Wonderful hopes and I hope every one of yours comes TRUE!

Libby said...

I also hope that your husband returns home safely.


(by the way, judging from their silly faces, I would guess that your kiddos are going to be super-well-adjusted!)

Unknown said...

I loved this so much! I'm all about hope these days...of which I'm adding the hope you and I are now best friends and therefore your family friends are my family friends ;-) LOL

Seriously, best TT I've seen today and that Rascal Flatts song has been my theme song since I first heard it. It's great!

Suprina said...

What a great TT!
I too hope your husband returns home saftly.
I know what it feels like, I am a retired Army Wife. (my husband just retired last year in october at with ripe ole age of 40, and almost 22 years of service)
Thank your husband for all that he is doing. And Thank you for being the woman behind the man. It takes a LOT to be a military wife!

Anonymous said...

Great TT. Your kids are dang cute too. I hope your husband returns home safely and there is never a uniform knocking on your door!

Wendy said...

Here's hoping your hopes come true!! Happy Thursday!

sandra said...

Such great inspiration!! I too wish for your hopes to become reality!!!

Blog said...

I hope all your hopes are fullfilled! Number 9 made my heart skip a beat.... That's so hard.

Blog said...

I meant number 11 -- oops....