Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thursday 13....number eleven.....my quirks (combined with a little meme)








Head Hen over at Runnin' the Roost assigned me a little MEME. I decided to list 8 habits/quirks I follow since most people may not be aware of how anal I really am....I am a serious creature of habit. I think it makes me feel like I am just a tad bit in control of everything around me.

And since I am doing a Thursday 13, you get a bunch of bonus ones as well:




1. I drink one cup of coffee a day. If I don't drink it before 9, I don't drink it at all. If I don't drink it at all, I will have one diet Dr Pepper. If I don't drink that diet DP before noon, I will only drink caffeine free diet DP. Also if I am home, I will make a dash thru Wayne's and get a cherry vanilla diet DP (regular not caffeine free) no matter what time it is. **See all the rules??** Heck, that one should count as several!!


2. I love sushi. At the commissary that is way the honk from my house, they have a sushi chef who will make it for you while you shop. He has even started using brown rice now. I usually go get some on the day my Real Simple comes in. I will sit and enjoy sushi and my new magazine while Livi is napping. Apparently I don't go often enough because the last time I went, he told me he thought I moved!

3. I only keep two keys on my keyring. One for the house, and one for the mailbox. My cool mom wheels have the switchblade type key. You push that silver button and it folds out from the side. LOVE IT! Oh yeah, I keep my knife on there too. But that is it.....no janitor-wanna-be keyring for me!


4. We are almost to the 10 month of this deployment....whew hoo....five more to go! Mike sent us a picture that we taped to his chair. The kids will say, "Dad's not eating his vegetables!" Or "Why does Dad get cake?" I try to keep him in our everyday conversations as much as I can.

***edited to add: I put this in the comments, but thought I would say it here as well. Thanks for all the well wishes....


The picture on the chair was not our idea. This deployment is our first, but soldiers are in the fourth cycle of this...so many other wives have done this...sometimes more than once. Some one suggested this to Mike, so we did it. The kids love it. They even go so far as to kiss his picture!

5. When he gets back, Livi will the age Will was when he left.


6. I'll save you some thinking time......( I can see you doing the math....yes, they are 16 months apart....I was pregnant when he was 6 months old!)


7. I do my makeup in the same routine every morning.


8. I even keep it in that order in my makeup bag. It has all these handy dandy clear pockets to do that.


9. I use Bobbi Brown makeup. They don't sell it around here!! Well, maybe in Austin.


10. I keep my brushes (bristles up) in these little river rocks in the astoria vase from Southern Living. It is pretty enough to sit on my counter.


11. The rocks were left over from this project. (the middle one has a sconce now...they didn't have six when we went....there is another window with three more just on the other side of the corner)


12. These plants are in our bathroom with a big Jacuzzi tub.


13. I hope to get to take a soak in the Jacuzzi and start reading my new book I got for my birthday.....thanks nice friend J! I got it today.




Happy Thursday y'all

I am supposed to tag some number of people, but I have seen this alot recently. So consider yourself tagged if you haven't done it. Oh yeah, you only have to do 8.


27 comments:

Lori said...

Great list and God bless your husband. I am a military Mom. My son is in the Navy....I dont think enough people say thank you...so be sure and tell him!! Happy TT...hang in there:)

Lazy Daisy said...

I love that you tape his picture on the chair and talk about him. Hugs and prayers for your hubby and your family.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that jacuzzi! And God bless your hubby. I certainly appreciate what you and your family do for our country.

YAY SUSHI!

Happy TT!

tulipmom said...

What a great idea to tape your husband's photo to his chair!

Let us know what you think of that book.

Wendy said...

Wow! Pregnant with a six month old! You are a brave woman!

That is too funny that they tattle on Daddy at dinner time!

Monogram Queen said...

You are definitely a brave woman and my hero to be pregnant with a six month old. Oy!
Great Thursday Thirteen!!!

tommie said...

tulipmom-I will..I don't think I will get to it until this weekend.

ewndy and patti- Being prego at 6 months was a total fluke. It took FOREVER to GET pregnant with Will, so we just assumed it would take as long for the second one. Nope...not the case. so brave or crazy...take your pick!

Libby said...

The dinner chair idea is brilliant. The husband of one of my dearest friends was deployed last year, I will pass this idea along to her and her two boys.

I've been wanting to read that book too!

Happy Thursday, Tommiea. :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with your habits re caffine: in fact they sound healthy!

Anonymous said...

I love that the kids say dad is not eating his vegetables, that is so cute. Happy TT.

Anne D said...

Here's to those 5 months going fast Tommiea!

JAM said...

That's a nifty list, but way too many Coke rules. I drink one when I'm thirsty, but I've been drinking diet and/or caffeine free for so long that I can't stand "real" sugary Cokes.

God bless your husband for his service to all of us, and to your whole family for your sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

I went to college with Bobbi Brown (makeup guru)!

Mz Jackson said...

Great list, and we appreciate not only your husband's sacrifice, but your family's as well! Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

So how do you manage to remember all those caffeine rules? I'd need a pot of coffee before my brain kicked in and I remembered that I was only supposed to have one cup...

Anonymous said...

I laughed at #1 and then got to the picture of your husband in the chair and got a lump in my throat. Your husband and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May he come home safe and soon.

Unknown said...

I love sushi too and I've been craving it big time - my nose could use a Wasbi rush!

I hope your husband comes home safe and comes home soon and gets to STAY HOME.

byoc said...

What a refreshing blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. Prayers for your husband and family. I meant to just check out your 13 but ended up reading for 20 minutes.

Sophisticated Writer said...

Very interesting list. Hope your husband gets safe to you.

Pamela said...

I love that your husband "joins" you guys for dinner every night, what a great idea! Hope the next 5 months pass quickly!

k e r r y said...

That's a good book - I finished it not too long ago. I want to get it for my single girlfriends... I think it would be helpful!

I love that your husband is taped to the dinner table...

Janet said...

Love the picture taped to the chair!

J. Lynne said...

What a great idea, taping his picture to the chair!

Blog said...

I REALLY need to organize my makeup bag.... I do the same routine every day, too. And, EVERY day, I spend so much time fishing for everything i need.... silly! :)

Danica Favorite said...

I love that you posted his picture on the chair. What an awesome idea.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sisters with Style said...

What a great idea to keep your husband's picture taped to his chair. You are an amazing wife and mother.

tommie said...

Thanks for all the well wishes....

The picture on the chair was not our idea. This deployment is our first, but soldiers are in the fourth cycle of this...so many other wives have done this...sometimes more than once. Some one suggested this to Mike, so we did it. The kids love it. They even go so far as to kiss his picture!