Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wild Card Wednesday: P: Princess in Pink

From The Kept Woman who is finally loving the Land of Snow and Cheese.



Since I am feeling kind of bossy, I am going to pick my own letter for wild card Wednesday..... because these are the pictures I have on my camera.


This last weekend Livi was invited to a big girl party for my friend J's daughter, for blogging sake, let's call the birthday girl Princess. Princess had several friends her age, then Livi and another toddler girl. We went to a place called Justice for Girls. They got the royal treatment with the movie star party. Each girl got to have their hair done in an updo with a little sparkle headband.

Note to self and anyone else going to one of these parties: SKIP the glitter in the hair....she still has glitter on her scalp. I cannot get it out. We are still in swim lessons, so I am washing it every night.....sparkles are still in there. I guess we will be sparkly for some time!


They got a pink boa that keeps on giving.....I am still finding pink feathers all over the house. Livi already is a diva in the making....the boa only reinforces that.



They got a makeup kit but I just let her do the lip gloss. She is barely 2 (and a half)....Heaven forbid I forget the half...but she has plenty of time to do that. I just want her to enjoy being a little girl for now. When she wasn't looking, I tossed her little makeup palette into Princess's birthday favor bag. I really don't need to be cleaning kid makeup out of berber carpet.


She did really well despite the party running into her nap time. She did have to take a short Bunny snuggle break in the huge pink furry chair. She came home with a huge goody bag of stuff. While she was picking out her stuff for her goody bag, she threw in a glow in the dark bracelet thingy for Will, as well as some stuff that made blue bubbles in the tub. I was pleasantly surprised she thought of getting him something!

Last but not least, I would not have been able to take Livi to the party if sister-in-law M had not stayed with Will and another little boy. I really did appreciate it and I know Livi did too!


happy Wednesday y'all

16 comments:

tulipmom said...

Even Princesses need a good thumb sucking every now and then. That photo is just precious!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!

Monica said...

Cute pictures! Enjoy the girly stuff...my dd is almost 8 and is "so over it" (said in a pre-teen voice). ;-)

Unknown said...

hehe
gotta love a pink boa!

cute

and I played

Jana said...

Makeup for a 2-yr-old? Um, yeah, not a good idea! Adorable pictures!!

I played too.

IamDerby said...

Those are the sweetest pictures! Happy wcw

Sisters with Style said...

What an adorable little princess! Looks like a really fun party.

Monogram Queen said...

It sounds like our kinda place. We don't even have a Libby Lu here Hmmph...
She is adorable! I heart the boa. Your SIL is da best!

carmilevy said...

It's hard to look at these pictures and not be captivated by the magic of childhood. What an amazing glimpse into a little girl's day. And life.

Wendy said...

What a cute princess! When I worked in interior design I would have glitter all over me a lot. I worked with Christmas items a lot and most of them had glitter. I know how hard it is to get off.

That is so sweet she thought of her brother when picking out her prizes!

Unknown said...

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPrincess!! Triple Bonus Points...1. for coming up with your own Letter of the Week 2. for using your own Letter of the Week, and 3. for incorporating Princess...tutus, tiaras, feather boas...all fabulous, fabulous things...

Libby said...

Beautiful photos! And how sweet that she thought to select a few favors for Will. Happy Wednesday to you, too.

Gina said...

The pictures are beyond cute. I'm completely with you on the kiddie make-up. Yes, so much time for that. You're a great mama!

Ashlee and Carey said...

Is Livi going to be froo froo? How are you going to deal??? You gotta love the boa! I still have a red and white one I got for my 21st birthday in Norman!!!! Have an awesome week!

tommie said...

ashlee- she is a girlie girl in that she always has to have on a dress and matching bow, and matching shoes for that matter. But she will get down in the sandbox or jump in puddles at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Pretty in pink and the true princess of them all!