Monday, July 23, 2007

Swimming is over! Whew hoo.....and a nomination

I was kind of surprised I was nominated for the RFS Blog Awards but I was not surprised by the category! Thank you , thank you…I am nominated in the category of: 2) Do you talk about anything else?? Mono-Blogger. I feel like my goal has been accomplished since the kids are pretty much all I talk about. There are those few days of the month I get sappy, but for the most part...yep, it's the kids.
What cracks me up is in the category that I am in, there is a guy who only talks about his manparts....I clicked on his site, and oh my poor little eyes. I must be turning into a prude in my old age.
The other chick was something about perfume....I just skipped right on by it....sad to say I only have a limited amount of fluff time in my day.

Speaking of the little rug rats....we are finally finished with swimming lessons. We were driving about 30 minutes each way for a 45 minute lesson. But the kids pretty much had 1:1 teachers, so it was well worth it.

Whew hoo, give me a high five!....no more driving back and forth to the pool. On the last day, as we were loading up, I plugged in their DVD players. The little thingy that goes in the cigarette lighter came loose. Some magical part that is about a 1/4" long fell under the seat. I looked for 20 minutes and could not find that teeny tiny part!! Made for a long drive back with no easy entertainment in the back, but they were pretty good. Good thing I had some kid music ....

Will never did jump off the diving board, but this is his first year in lessons. By the end of the two weeks, he could float, kick on a kick board, and do some pretty good arm strokes. He would jump off the side, but not the board.



This is the little holding tank they kept the her class in when they didn't have a teacher with them. There were 5 kids and 4 teachers in her class....so most of the time, they were with a teacher doing something. The little cage thing had a bunch of toys they could play with. Livi's favorite was this little pink bunny that squirted water out of its mouth.

It was really nice today to pick Will up from preschool and not be changing into swim gear to get on the road.

happy Monday y'all

9 comments:

tulipmom said...

I know what you mean about the shlepping. It really gets old after awhile.

Sounds like Will made a lot of progress!

Gina said...

I'm glad you're glad it's over! Cute pics though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. But they are so cute!

Monogram Queen said...

That is the one "mom" thing I dread- Schlepping around to lessons or practices. Oh well at least I only have one kid.
and I voted!

Wendy said...

I'm dreading when we start soccer. I hate running. I am a home-body. I should have put Jayke in swim lessons but I didn't want to have to get in with him. I don't do swim suit in public. Maybe next year if my diet works out!

carmilevy said...

The fact that you would shlep that far speaks volumes about the mother you are. They'll remember this forever, y'know.

Sisters with Style said...

Wait until your kiddos get a little older. My oldest two are 7 and 5. The after school activities between the two of them is enough to make me insane. I don't know what I'm going to do when the youngest gets thrown into the mix.

Monica said...

Yeah for swimming being over! You know I feel your happiness. :)

Anonymous said...

You have adorable kids!