Sunday, July 01, 2007

after the VTC....the after party I guess...

After the VTC yesterday, the kids spotted a helicopter and tank on the parade grounds in front of the building we were in to do the teleconference. Since there was actually a breeze blowing, it was cooler outside than it was in there.


Can you see she is still talking to herself as she is walking along? It is kind of like old people when they are driving down the street...they describe everything. Well, here is a bit of what she is saying: "The grass is green today, I wonder if it is green every day? It looks like the lawn boys have been here. I bet they have fun when they get to ride real fast. (note: our lawn boys have this huge riding thing that they hover on the back of the mower....they fly through the backyard! ) Oh, look at that little bird, I can be a bird...(starts flapping arms like wings and squawking more like a bird that needs to be put out of its misery)....oh neat, a little flower (which is really a weed)...Mommy, mommy?? Where are you?? Oh (kind of laughs) there you are, take a picture of my flower."


This goes on ALL DAY LONG!!! She even talks in her sleep. I am paranoid so I still use a baby monitor, but the mumbling just might break me of this habit!



I love pictures of the kids from behind. I wonder where he will go and what he will do.

Then of course, we had to do silly faces. When Livi saw this one in the display, she said, "It looks like I am thinking real hard." I was just surprised she wasn't stretching her mouth out like she normally does.


Not sure what is up with this one either, but they both want to take "silly pictures for dad since it will make him laugh"...so, husband, I hope you are laughing!


I am proud to announce that Will is no longer in a car seat and is using the big boy booster! I am kind of paranoid in thinking I should have left the car seat in and just taken the straps off, but he is way within the weight and height limits for the one built into the car. He already has been warned the moment he unbuckles in mid drive, the car seat is coming back!


10 comments:

tulipmom said...

Your hubby must be just eating these pictures up! I'm sure he misses Livi's nonstop commentary.

I love taking photos from behind. Just last weekend I took one of Sweet Boy and one of his little girlfriends holding hands at the zoo. So cute!

carmilevy said...

Behind-pictures have always been some of my favorites. I posted one here that sticks in my mind for so many reasons:

http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2006/08/boy-and-his-zaydie.html

I love how you write about your kids. For all the challenges your life is facing right now, you have an amazing ability to paint a poignant picture of an amazing family.

Sisters with Style said...

What great pictures.


Each milestone my children embark on make me remember that they are getting so big so fast.

Anonymous said...

Darling photos, sweet memories, and wonderful love sent to your husband through your blog. What strong faith and love two share.

Monogram Queen said...

Darling photos of the kiddos!
My girl talks to herself too and she is so earnest that it's hilarious to watch/hear.
I feel you on the carseat stress/dilemma

sandra said...

I seem to always get behind pictures, because my boys are way to fast for my camera!!!LOL Great pictures though, your "subjects" are cute!!!

KatBliss said...

Dang your kids are cute. And they look so happy!

k e r r y said...

The kids are so darn cute! Your daughter and my son could never be together because he is the same way - constant talking. I've asked him if he could play the quiet game and he willsay no - he HAS to talk. It's what I do mommy...! I've learned to love it though!

Anonymous said...

I love these latest posts...Will and Livi are growing up so much and I love hearing about them and your journey with them....and they are always so entertaining! So nice to see them catching up with their
Dad too...nearly brought a little tear to my eye...

nene P said...

adorable kids, it take so much for you to be mom and dad.-during deployment.. Prayers for you all this 4th of July