Saturday, July 07, 2007

Act like it is Sunday when you read this......use your imagination



Today I turn 39. It’s an odd thing. I sure don’t feel 39. I live in a state I never thought I would be in....No, you crazies, not a state of chaos....the big Texas! I have two wonderful kids under the age of four. Who knew? In my life-plan...it so didn't include having a preschooler and a toddler when I was knockin' on 40's door. I have a wonderful husband...a deployed husband, but a wonderful one all the same. If he were here, I would get to sleep in. He would get up with the kiddos and go to Starbucks for my favorite mocha choca loca latte. It would be on the nightstand when I woke up. He would then make pancakes and sausage with the kids.

Today throughout the neighborhood, I will hear fireworks and still wonder if they are all for me...... I’ll enjoy it every time.

When I was 20, I wondered what it would be like to be nearly 40. None of my guesses were close. As I look at my 20s I can see what I learned from a great mistake.......My 30's brought husband and kids. No one told me that having more friends and a better body image would feel like a good tradeoff. And if you told me I could have my twenty-year old body again, but I had to take my twenty-year old brain with it, I’d pass.

I love my husband. I love my family. I love my job...damn straight staying home with two kids is a job. I love my life.....okay not the deployed part....but all the rest. And I love me too, even when I am grumpy. And I love being 39.

Here’s what I want you to do for my birthday. Send someone an e-mail and tell them how much you appreciate them, or love them. Do it right now. Then tell me about it in the comments. That’s what I want. It’s my birthday so you have to do it.

Go.

15 comments:

tulipmom said...

What a fabulous ode to being 39! Let me be the first blogger to wish you a very happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead.

As soon as I leave here I'm going to send an email to a close friend who lives in AZ, one I haven't seen in over a year, and tell her how much she means to me.

I hope you get the mocha chocha whatever (can you tell I'm not a coffee drinker?) even if you do have to go get it yourself. You deserve it.

Unknown said...

I wrote an email to a friend of mine from high school. Looks like we might be getting together soon!

Happy birthday, seriously. Enjoy some delicious Starbucks and take the day off ;)

Sisters with Style said...

Have an absolutely wonderful birthday!!! I hope it is everything you hoped it would be.


When I get off of here I'm going to send an email to my dearest friend. She has seen me at my lowest and at my highest points in life.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Unknown said...

Shit.

That made me cry.

Of course all those fireworks are for you, silly.

Happy birthday, sweetie.

Monogram Queen said...

What a wonderfully sweet post and Happy Happy Birthday! I never thought i'd be 41 this year with a soon to be 3 year old but there ya go. Older Moms Rule! Tee Hee!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet birthday post!

Ashlee and Carey said...

Happy Birthday T Tommie Reid! Love ya!

Blog said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'll definitely do that gifty right now! I"m calling my dad.

nene P said...

Have a great birthday, it only gets better. Im at 49+1... Im not saying that number yet... Enjoy the day with the kids.

Addy said...

Well, at least you're in the right state! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ok so next year we celebrate together - we July babies have stick together!

And honey you get a MONTH too!

Monica said...

I'm really enjoying my 30's, so the 40's must be really great, right?? *wink* Happy birthday!

carmilevy said...

You wrote so beautifully about this important milestone. It's a sentiment I'm all too familiar with, and it touched my soul. Thanks for that!

My wife is in Montreal to be with her mother, who was suddenly admitted to the hospital. I took the kids for a walk to get "a treat": McDonalds. On our way there, I took a picture of them with the camera on my smartphone. In the restaurant, we wrote an e-mail to her telling her how much we love and miss her, and we sent it right from there.

Somehow, it closed the miles, and it made them smile.

Your pay-it-forward-themed birthday wish reinforces why this is so important. Thanks for the timely reminder.

(Oh, coincidentally, you share a birthday with my MIL. You're waaaay younger than she is!)

Anonymous said...

Awww. That was lovely.

Happy Birthday.

xxx