Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thursday 13....number nine...my fears


In honor of Friday the 13th coming up.....I give you thirteen fears:



1. I am totally afraid of backing out in the car. I think I will back into the mailbox EVERY time.



2. I am afraid I will find a scorpion in my bed! ICK



3. I am afraid of the kids walking in the parking lot.



4. I am afraid a spider will get in my water glass at night so I keep a napkin over it....or use a water bottle.



5. I am afraid I will lose my debit card and be screwed.



6. I am afraid I will get in a car accident and my emergency contact won't be able to be reached.



7. I am afraid someone will ding my door of my cool mom-mobile.



8. I am afraid I will lock my keys in the car and my cell phone will be locked inside. The number to get it unlocked is on my cell phone.



9. I am afraid I will run out of milk, so I keep a half gallon frozen.



10. I am afraid I will run out of toilet paper, so I buy it in bulk. Nothing says I love you like a cabinet full of tp....the good stuff too, not that cheap-a single ply stuff!



11. I am afraid one of the kids will barf in the car and it will stink....I can't drive a stinky car.



12. I am afraid of tequila.....too much comanche in me to be friends with that devil water.



13. My biggest thing I am afraid of is that my husband won't come home and I will have to do this thing called life, alone for the rest of my life.



hurry home, husband, these six months can't go by quick enough.
happy thursday y'all
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your hubby comes home soon and I hope you never have to face any of those fears

Monogram Queen said...

Ditto what Amy said!

Anonymous said...

Some of those made me giggle (like the water bottle one), but the last one made me sad. I hope that your hubby is safe and home with you all soon.

I am afraid of the world that will be when my son is my age.

xxx

Lori said...

I think Friday the 13th should be a holiday:) Happy TT.

Suprina said...

Big Hugs....My thoughts and prayers are with your husband. I am a displaced Okie married into the military. My husband just retired at the ripe ole age of 40.

Great TT!

Blog said...

Oh, I hope he comes home soon!! Then you'll be so much less afraid -- even of little things.... :)

Wendy said...

Ahhh the good old scorpions. I took care of them yesterday. Went to Wally World and bought some bug spray for the inside to prevent them and a lot of other critters from wanting to visit. Good stuff! It works instantly.

Susie said...

I followed a link to your site and love the things you say about your husband. My brother and stepson are in the military and I dread every day that one of them will be deployed (my brother, not too likely; but my stepson could be anytime). I pray your husband comes home safely and soon.

Anonymous said...

Followed a link here from Carmi's blog...not a military wife, but a member of Soldiers' Angels, so I have three soldiers and a sailor I write to weekly.

I pray they all - your husband, my pen-pals, all the rest - come home soon, and safe.

Karen said...

I love #10!! I have the same worry -- I think because we ALWAYS ran out of TP when I was growing up. Now I have 2 - 24 packs and one in the wings!
Great TT and thanks for your kind words on mine!
Lara

Anonymous said...

Girl, I hate it that you have to live with so many fears. That is so not fun! Sure, everyone lives with them, but if they are strong I would seriously seek some therapy! Hey, a little therapy never hurt anyone! :) Happy TTing!

tulipmom said...

I hadn't realized tomorrow was Friday the 13th ... thanks for pointing that out :)

I always hold my breath when I back out of the garage. I've hit something a few too many times.

I hope the next six months go by very quickly for you.

Lisa said...

I hope time flies and you're with your husband again before you know it.

Happy thursday, my TT is up too.

tommie said...

amy's zoo- These are in total jest.....well, except the last one...but my husband is in a warzone!

Sisters with Style said...

I think about you and your family daily! I pray that these last 6 months fly by for you!

Jennifer said...

Ditto on your husband coming home..soon and safe!

And I had no idea that you could freeze milk!

carmilevy said...

I relate all too well to your fears. Life alone is the worst one of all.