Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wild Card Wednesday.....water

The Kept Woman also known as the Garage sale diva plays this little game.....my W for this week is water....in the form of rain. I feel like the Wonder Twins..."Wonder Twins power, activate. Form of water, form of tiger"....or something like that anyways.
We had a nice little shower to cool things off yesterday. Will was super sad because he was supposed to have kickety kick ball practice. How sad is it that I was secretly elated when I opened my email and there was a "practice cancelled" email. Bad mommy!
So I let them do their favorite thing....go play in the rain.
We live on a street with a slight incline....We also have a few oak trees in the yard. Water + acorns = at least a good thirty minutes of fun! They looked like little squirrels gathering as many nuts as they could. They were sticking them in pockets I didn't even know they had. I am sure I will find some in the wash this week. They carefully placed them right in the center of the stream.....

Whew hoo! Look at them go, Mommy! Then of course we get into the argument 'mine beats yours'.....yada yada yada....What can we do next?? I know, kick your shoes off kids....stomp stomp stomp like a dinosaur. Yes, we watch too much Diego in this house!


I had a hard time taking pics of Will again....he is back to using his arm as a shield and running. I wasn't running after him with my new camera...far be it I drop my precious little baby!

So, that's all folks. btw, the rain cooled things off tremendously! We couldn't go say goodnight to the moon since it was still cloudy...but we did see a few twinkle little stars. But I will take cool and cloudy over heat any day!

Happy Wednesday...

9 comments:

Marisa said...

You are a great mom for letting them play in the puddles. And completely normal for being elated that practice was canceled.

I still can't believe they refer to it as kickety kick ball...seriously?

I played.

Unknown said...

Kickety kick ball...is that from Wow! Wow! Wubzy by chance!?!?!?

Love the playing in the rain...I don't know how they weren't covered in mud like my girls would have been but maybe not all kids are piglets like mine.

WWWWWWWater!!! Bonus Points and stuff!!!!

Addy said...

I love that dress she's in.

Beautiful pics, sister.

Monogram Queen said...

Mine loves puddles too and I love Livvie's bows!

Wendy said...

I used to love to walk in the puddles like that when I was a kid! Jayke always has nuts or rocks or something like that in his pockets and yes, I do find them in the washer all the time!

I love those pictures of Livi! She is so photogenic.

KatBliss said...

Great pictures!

Unknown said...

That first picture of her playing in the "river" is awesome. Why arent we flickr contacts? I need to go stalk you....

tommie said...

marisa- We call it kickety kick ball from Wow Wow Wubzy...a cartoon on Noggin.

TKW- I can see your kids watch as much Noggin as mine!

tammy- It is from Gap...last year.

Patticake- I used to buy them on Ebay, but now my bowmaker lives here!! She is a military wife.

wendy-thanks...she is a big poser now!

jessie-I am in the free trial time at Flickr from when they merged with Yahoo. I still haven't decided if I want to pay to keep them there. We'll see...I have to decide soon.

k e r r y said...

I just love your posts...happy wednesday to you too my blog friend!