Friday, September 21, 2007

catch up memes

I'm catching up. Heather challenged me. Here is her challenge. Post 5 song titles...with their artists names...and tell the signifigance of each song....like a memory....Here are mine:

1. First let's go back to high school.....get out your Michael Jackson clothes and Aquanet....big hair is REQUIRED!! Oh the memories of old boyfriends at class parties.....dang, almost makes me miss it....think Madonna...True Blue....if I were on my laptop I would link a Madonna True Blue video!!

2. then on to college...Go Boomer Sooner....should we just play the OU fight song. I remember telling a boyrfriend at the time...."if they are beating them by 50 points at half time, I am leaving!"......Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner., Boomer Soomer, Sooner Born and Sooner Bred, and when I die and I am Sooner dead, Go Oklahoma, Go Oklahoma, Go Oklahoma, OKU.......

3. Sarah McLachlan.....is there anything more symbolic of some mood music??? fumbling towards ecstacy(afterglow).....omg, just thinking about it make me antsy! uuuhhmmm, how many more days until hubby is home??

4. Will song........song that reminds me of when I was big ole preggo with him:: ."Here without you" by 3 door down

5. Livi song..(again, only because I love me some Sarah!!)..can it be....another song by Sarah.....I tend to think of Sarah music as 'gettin' in the mood music"........could this be the reason for two kids in two years?


6. and finally....love love love me some .RoCKstar....... http://www.nickelback.com/ love love love this song....what does this say about me?? click on Rocktar..speaks to me in a way I think would be fun and frivoulous! . .

BONUS:: Finally the song Stand by Rascal Flatts....this song give me the umphf when I need a little extra during these deployment days!. Again, I challenge any readers out there! I should be getting my laptop any day....why does it seem easier to link via youtube with the laptop!!!


okay, I finally have my laptop back....and adding videos doesn't seem any easier!!! so sorry....so open a window and search youtube if you are REAlly interested.....so sorry!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL about the Sarah songs- I'm thinking that's very true. ;-)

Desert Diva said...

How funny you mentioned Sarah McLachlan - I was playing Mirrorball the other day!

Music is certainly a force that seems to document certain times in our lives...

Monogram Queen said...

Isn't it funny how certain songs are so closely tied into moments in our lives?

Wendy said...

I saw Sara in concert once. Love her songs.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, awesome job and memory. I'm with Wendy - love Sara McLachlan.

KatBliss said...

Love Madonna!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to do this meme but want to post a song and can't figure it out--anyone know how to get a url if it isn't on youtube?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I finally figured it out--did the meme.