Monday, September 24, 2007

A boy and his toys....



Aaahhhh, can you hear that....no of course you can't. because there is nothing...but both kids are finally in bed asleep.


My in-laws came in for the week on Saturday. Since they live so far away, I never know how the kids will react to them. Both both kids have been so happy to have them here. As soon as we pulled into the airport and gave them shy grins, it has been pretty fun having them around.


Will has loved having a man in the house to horse around with....Mike plays with him like that. I attempt it, but apparently don't quite pull it off. Livi calls them both "grandpa"....but then again, they both call my mom "papa" so, I guess it is all the same.


When M (my mother-in-law) came with me to pick up the kids today, the first thing she said was, "Where's Grandpa?" But later that evening while story time at bedtime, M was her "new best friend".


My father-in-law J LOVES sweets....so we went to a shopping center that has a German deli, a donut store With a drive through, and a cookie addiction place...he was in heaven. sad enough the German deli was closed. Who knew they took the day off?? So, by default we went to the cookie place. First off, there was a but allergy sign on the door.....so, I couldn't even eat any. But he still managed to come home with a sack full of cookies that filled a platter! Oh well, if grandparents can't spoil them who can? ***edited to add: The sign said NUT allergy...but I like but allergy better, so I am leaving it!***


I finally got a decent picture of Will. Livi still needs a nap after school but Will has moved past that. So we do "quiet time". Today his quiet time included cars. He was playing so nice and quietly and I pulled out the camera.


I asked him to pick out his favorite. He leaned down and gave them a hug and said, "Can I pick them all?" Sure baby, you can.

13 comments:

nene P said...

What a handsome little guy! I just love that age. Have fun with the in-laws and let them spoil those babies! Thats what grandparents do best.
Enjoy having them and go get yourself a pedi/mani while they are here, grab a starbucks too! Do I hear free babysitting????

tulipmom said...

Ahhh ... a boy and his beloved (Matchbox/Hotwheels)cars ....

Enjoy the help!

Janet said...

"but allergy"...hehehe ;-)

Glad you all had a good time!

Libby said...

What adorable photos, you really captured the moment!

Monogram Queen said...

That is so sweet. Nothing like visits from Grandparents. Nothing!

Wendy said...

Jayke can never pick favorites either. He loves them all. That rug looks very much like the one I have. I have to go look at mine right now to see if it is the same.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Now THAT is one happy boy! Sounds like fun (for everyone)... Boys will be boys with their toys.

And FYI, I'm passing an Eagle Award I got onto you.

Unknown said...

So sweet.

It's funny how kids get so attached to every. dang. toy. they own. Cute...but annoying at times like when trying to load car up for trip to grandparents' houses...

Monica said...

Darn...I wanted to comment on "but" allergy first. ;-)

Glad you're having a nice visit. :)

tommie said...

queeniep-they do spoil them.

tulipmom-I am ejnoying it. Having some help almost feels foreign.

janet and monica- I like "but" allergy..I might have to start using that in casual conversation.

libby-I was glad to get that shot since he has been in "no photo" mode for a while.

patti- the kids think so too.

wendy-is it the same rug?

worksformom-Wow! thanks!

TKW- I agree...he has a little case that he carries them all around in.

The Egel Nest said...

I am pretty sure I used to cuddle with my hot wheels...I'll have to ask my mom :)

I found you through Works for Mom's (What Works or Us) site...she gave you an Egel Nest Award! Congrats!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

Cuddling toys, my four brothers use to sleep with theirs!

KatBliss said...

I believe I'm allergic to but's too. :)