Tuesday, September 18, 2007

9.18 My Morning Rush

The assignment from My America at Home for Tuesday 9.18 is your morning rush. From their website:
Breakfast of blueberries and walnuts? A bracing shower? Yoga on the patio? Packing up the kids' lunches for school? Let the world share your hectic sunrise routines.

My morning routine actually starts the night before. I get up at 6AM to attempt to be ready before they get up.....ideally this happens. Then I can shower, get dressed, maybe even have a cup of coffee before they get up. Though more often than I would like, they get up before 7...I hear the little pitter patter of feet sneaking into the bathroom......dang there goes my 45 minutes of silence. I swear they have some internal alarm that wakes the other one up if he/she didn't pop out of bed within four minutes of each other.

I do as much as I possibly can the night before. Make lunches, lay out clothes, pack the car with the anything I will need the next day....things like that.




Each kid has a "map" (Can you tell we watch too much Dora?) on their closet door. Both know exactly what needs to be done before we can walk out the door. The kids pick out their clothes and hang them on the door of their closet. Livi's outfit has her bow attached to the outfit. Her shoes are on the floor. Will's shoes have his socks in them. Now if I can get to dress themselves I would be on a roll!





The other day both were lined up with their stuff waiting for me. It has really eased up on the craziness of trying to get out the door by 8AM.



Okay, how is it I missed this???.....yes, these are goldfish in Livi's car seat. So even after all of my maps and planning, some things do get tossed my way that I didn't plan for.....as at exactly 8:03 this morning I was lugging out the big purple vacuum cleaner into the garage to vacuum out her car seat!
happy Tuesday y'all

10 comments:

carmilevy said...

I feel for you. Mornings around here wouldn't be workable if we didn't have some sort of structure and if we didn't make the munchkins responsible for getting themselves ready.

Of course, as soon as we had our groove going, our eldest went and broke his leg. I think we'll have it all figured out right around the time he gets the cast off :)

Arlene said...

Mmmm, yummy Goldfish!!!!
You are so organized, and it really does make a HUGE difference!!! Good job!!!!

Libby said...

Your organizational skills are inspiring, to say the least!

(I wish my vacuum was purple too, it might make the task more enjoyable!)

Unknown said...

Could you possibly dress Liv in any cuter clothes?!!?!?!? (a-freakin'-dorable!!!)

Monogram Queen said...

You definitely have to have some sort of routine! I love love love the maps!

Jennifer said...

I'm so impressed! What a terrific idea!

And that is the MOST adorable outfit hanging on the closet!!!

Wendy said...

You are so organized! I am lucky if I get myself up 30 minutes before we are to be out the door. I get to come right back home to shower and enjoy my 3 hours of quiet though.

Those goldfish look familiar! Are you sure you didn't sneak over here and take a picture in my car?

Monica said...

It's good to be organized, isn't it? I have a weekly schedule (broken down by day) on the fridge so the kids know what they should be doing and when. Much easier for me to see it.

Unknown said...

Planning and getting some things ready the night before is the only way to keep sane. :-)

tulipmom said...

AHA! I don't think I realized you were a teacher in your "former" life. Now it's all making sense ... the 'maps' for the kids (awesome, by the way), Muffin Mondays, etc. etc.