Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gotta stop and smell the flowers

Just a little note...I am probably going to get sappy here...


When Mike told me he was deploying, I got a pit in my stomach. We had to make up wills and have all kinds of conversations that you just don't want to face. That was a big slap in the face of reality. I knew at this time I could make one of two choices....become a gripy wife who hates the military life (and I know many who are like that) or accept I have no control over those choices BUT I do have control over the way I react to it. I realized alot of things that used to irritate the bejesus out of me really didn't matter. Does it matter that the toilet seat is left up or down? When you are looking at it in the same limelight as my husband is going to an wartorn country....I don't even care if the toilet seat is clean...(Okay maybe I do care if it is clean, but you know what I mean!)






I could let fear guide my every choice or I could accept it and drive on, continue to take my kids to the park, to kickety kick ball, to the sprinkle park, and just attempt to have fun. Sometimes it takes a two year old....make that an 'almost three year old' ...to remind me to stop and smell the roses..... or the geraniums each day.

It is a good reminder on this anniversary of today of these uncertain times. Like the old cliche live, laugh and love....just a little bit everyday!

6 comments:

tulipmom said...

You're absolutely right. It puts everything in perspective. And that photo .... exquisite.

Unknown said...

Youre right. Youre in a hard situation that you have no control over, but you have control over your emotions. Great post, very inspirational.

nene P said...

You are so right. There are a lot of thing in the world that will come along, but it the way we handle it and the choice we make about it that make the difference.
Like today... read my blog for the rest of the story...

Libby said...

Tommiea, that was a beautiful post. May your days be filled with roses. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Yep very very good advice!

Anonymous said...

Great post and advice.