Monday, September 17, 2007

Mon 9-17 The Big Tour

My America at Home is doing a Photo Assignment....straight from their website: The co-creator of the best-selling A Day in the Life and America 24/7 book series invites you to participate in America at Home, a nationwide photo project, September 17 to 23, 2007. For seven days, everyone in America is invited to join 100 of the nation's leading photojournalists to capture "the emotions of home." The goal of the project is to capture the extraordinary diversity that makes up American family life, representing a broad range of economic, geographic, racial, political, and socially diverse lifestyles.

Today's assignment:


Show us what makes your home your castle. Since our 'castle' is wherever the military sends us, I have had castles in Oklahoma, the middle of Alaska, back to Oklahoma, the east bay of San Francisco, the corn fields of Kansas, and now to the land of Longhorns. Along the way we started collecting local art from these places. Since we are now in Texas, I couldn't wait to get a big Texas star. I would have liked to get one from some torn down barn or something cool like that, but sad to say this one probably came from China as I got it off Ebay for a steal! But doesn't it look good on my mantle?
I already have changed out the little votives to a fall scented candle and some red berries. I might add some twinkle lights to those topiaries if I can find some small enough. I love fall...now if the weather would just cool down.


I will probably be keeping Livi home from school tomorrow....No, no more "can she stay? can't she?"....don't read this if you are eating.....just skip right on over this paragraph. She has had diarrhea cha cha cha.....I did the BRAT diet today and found some children's Imodium AD...but I glanced at the handbook. It says she has to be "diarrhea free" for 24 hours. I guess another Star muffin is in order. Tomorrow is the day of her old story time at the library as well. So maybe I can play that up...because I know she isn't going to like it one bit! Just a little note about that picture.....the shirt has two strawberries on it and says 'berry cute'....she asked me what those 'numbers' said....so I told her the LETTERS said 'berry cute'. She laughed and said, "Well, take my picture and send it to daddy, since there are two berries on there, I MUST be BERRY BERRY cute!" Then she cracked up laughing because in a two year old's little mind she is the funniest thing ever!

Happy Monday, y'all



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor thing! I hope her tummy feels better soon. :)

Wendy said...

She is the funniest ever and she is right, she is BERRY BERRY cute! Love the star too. I have two smaller black ones that I haven't decided what to do with yet. I may hang them on the side of our barn. Hope Daddy liked his picture. Good luck with the potty issues!

tulipmom said...

Your mantle looks beautiful!

I think that's my favorite photo of her that you've posted.

Libby said...

She sure is something! Berry Berry cute and berry berry bright. I hope she's feeling better soon.

I love the mantle, it looks beautiful. My dad and I were talking about Barn Stars the other day at breakfast, I didn't know they originated in Texas. Something new, everyday. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That is Berry cute! Love the mantle, it really does stand out with that lone star!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope she feel better too!
I love your texas star. I kinda want one... but I don't really have a TX connection. A 2 year olds take on things is hilarious.

k e r r y said...

smart girl! and SHE IS berry berry cute! Hope she feels better!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Its funny - TX and SC are the only ones with state symbols that are mass marketed. I loves me some palmetto moon stuff too!

Hope berry berry cute one is feeling better soon!

Addy said...

Well, she IS berry cute! :)

tommie said...

fleur de lisa- me too!

wendy- outside would be cool, I almost hung this one outside.

tulipmom-thanks. She is very cheesy when I bring on the camera, so I was glad to get just a natural picture. It really captured the color of her eyes.

patti-she always keeps me laughing, she is alot like her dad.
libby-Not sure if they originated here, just that TX is the Lone star state...so they are everywhere here.

worksformom-Thanks...I like to change out the little stuff in that votive holder in the middle.

kerry- she did by this evening.

cheeky- hubby went to school in SC, so we have a little of that too!

tammy- yes she is!